Windows 10: FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

Discus and support FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After the latest update which supposedly fix the InPrivate cache problem, it actually got worse. If you browse anything in InPrivate, the browsing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ToniCipriani, Feb 10, 2016.

1. FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

After the latest update which supposedly fix the InPrivate cache problem, it actually got worse. If you browse anything in InPrivate, the browsing history actually shows up in the regular session.

You can try:

• Open Edge
    • Open an InPrivate window side by side
    • Do some browsing in InPrivate
    • Now go back to the regular window and check the history (1st button on the right -> 3rd clock tab), InPrivate browsing history shows up in there.

I've managed to reproduce this both on my tablet and my desktop.

EDIT: I'm running 10586.104.

:)

ToniCipriani, Feb 10, 2016
  2. FurbyFitz Win User

In Private Browsing

Hello,

Sorry this does not answer the question! The whole point of InPrivate browsing that it is exactly that. It shouldn't be in the browsing history. On IE InPrivate does not show anywhere!?! Why does Edge show InPrivate browsing in the history page.

I know how to delete history!

Thank you

FurbyFitz, Feb 10, 2016
  3. FurbyFitz Win User
    In Private Browsing

Hello, I have recently just brought a new laptop with MS 10 and MS Edge. I have discovered that my InPrivate browsing history is showing when I open the browsing history. Surely InPrivate means just that?

FurbyFitz, Feb 10, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

Recreated it also. That is pretty bad.

5. Reported it on Windows Feedback too. But seriously how did this pass QA, classic case of fix one thing broke ten others.

ToniCipriani, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

1. FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well. - Similar Threads - FYI Edge InPrivate

2. Edge History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge History: This has me tearing my hair out. Sometimes History works, that is I can see it. Other times the text is greyed out then goes blank and I get a message that says looking for sync on other devices. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when it works and when it doesn't. Is...
  3. Edge History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge History: How do I make the History tab in Edge show the pages in groups rather than individual pages? Like, If I visit Google Maps I need to scroll down past 1000 map pages before I see the page I was on before maps. Same with Facebook. In IE history looked like files and you chose...
  4. make edge inprivate everywhere

in Browsers and Email
    make edge inprivate everywhere: how do i make it edge start inprivate everywhere? for example, when I click on something on another program and it asks what program to open this link with. i want to click use edge every time but only if it does inprivate every time. 159613
  5. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode: Hello there, I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public Browser" and everything works great, but unfortunately Edge runs "InPrivate" mode and whenever I try to "Click to go back" I get...
  6. Notepad no longer retains history on taskbar shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad no longer retains history on taskbar shortcut: Up until recently, I could right-click on the Notepad icon on my task bar, and it would pop up a menu of the most recent files I've edited with notepad. I could also pin files to that menu. Suddenly, this has stopped working. Anybody know how to regain the full...
  7. Edge records history InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    Edge records history InPrivate mode: Is there a way to disable this? Recording history in an "InPrivate" window seems like a contradiction in terms, no? 42565
  8. Edge doesn't retain screen position

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't retain screen position: Annoyingly, Edge doesn't retain screen position, which means repositioning it every time I open it. All other apps are fine. Bug? 9923
  9. history in edge

in Browsers and Email
    history in edge: My history does not show in Microsoft edge 54884
  10. New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge: Since receiving Microsoft's latest Anniversary Update I have not been able to use the New InPrivate Window as the feature remains grayed out. Does anybody have any help or suggestions as to how I can enable this feature as my searches and questions to other sites have left me...