Windows 10: FYI: How to stop high CPU caused by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service...

Discus and support FYI: How to stop high CPU caused by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Issue Constant CPU load of 30% on an old W10 Pro notebook. Intel i3/8GB/250GB SSD This behavior does not occur on other W10 Pro computers. Suddenly it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarsMSN, May 17, 2020.

1. MarsMSN Win User

FYI: How to stop high CPU caused by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service...

Issue
    Constant CPU load of 30% on an old W10 Pro notebook. Intel i3/8GB/250GB SSD

This behavior does not occur on other W10 Pro computers. Suddenly it was there after a monthly update and it was here to stay.

Cause
    Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx CDPUserSvc_xxxxx

Solution
    The CDPUserSvc_xxxxx service can be stopped by executing a powershell script at user logon with Task Scheduler.

https://www.tenforums.com/performan...cpu-2.html?s=8b54c43e5e07ee2253c394891c48984b

It worked for me.

M

:)

MarsMSN, May 17, 2020

2. Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

According to my machine's task manager, SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE is consuming about 40% to 50% CPU usage. (Don't know if I stated that correctly.) Anyway, this is causing the fan on my tower to run very high and constantly.

As far as I know, the Connected Devices Platform should run at startup, and then quieten down. Mine does not do that.

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how I can fix this? That whining fan is driving me nuts!

AndréStrydom, May 17, 2020
  3. CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE

For some reason, the fan on my CPU is constantly running extremely high. When I check my CPU usage in Task Manager, the problem seems to be with the Connected Devices Platform User Service_48125c.
    I was under the impression that this task started with the computer startup, but then turned off. That's obviously not happening here.

What is this problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks for the help.

AndréStrydom, May 17, 2020
  4. Paul.Woz Win User

FYI: How to stop high CPU caused by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service...

TokenBroker services causes high CPU utilization?

We have Windows 10 Pro version 1703, 64bit.

We see CPU stay at 50-60%, and spike up to 99-100% for extended times. We have been able to isolate the high CPU to the Token Broker service by using the Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer.

We understand this service has something to do with the Windows Store and Authentication and was added in with the Anniversary update. With it turned off, we return to normal CPU utilization, but we are unsure if this service is a requirement.

Microsoft is a bit ambiguous on this service, even the description for the service reads "<Failed to Read Description, Error Code:1500 >"

• Because there isn't a lot of documentation on this we are unsure if we even need this service. Can we simply disable this service permanently?
    • Is anyone aware of the Token Broker service causing high CPU like this?

Paul.Woz, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. FYI: How to stop high CPU caused by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service... - Similar Threads - FYI stop high

2. Connected Device Platform Service Stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected Device Platform Service Stopped working: Hi! I was checking my reliability history and I saw this critical event. Can someone tell me what is this error and how to fix it. Here's the screenshot of the event. [ATTACH]...
  3. Service Host Causing High CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host Causing High CPU: Hi. Can someone give me an overall view of this. This screen shot taken (actually on a virtual machine) shows the processes under the Service Host heading. Although the CPU usage at the moment of capture is only 28% it is more often than not over 50%. With this and a couple...
  4. How to stop high CPU load by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service

How to stop high CPU load by Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx service: Issue Constant CPU load of 30% on a W10 Pro mobile computer. Cause Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx CDPUserSvc_xxxxx Solution The CDPUserSvc_xxxxx service will be stopped by executing a powershell script at user logon with Task Scheduler....
  5. Connected Devices Platform, High CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected Devices Platform, High CPU usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkEntertainer99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh69cv/connected_devices_platform_high_cpu_usage/
  6. microsoft software protection platform service high cpu

microsoft software protection platform service high cpu: every one or two minutes Microsoft software protection platform service uses high cpu for about 10 or 20 sec then stops then repeat this cycle again and again i restarted the windows into safe mode and this problem disappeared i have latest windows update update...
  7. SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE very high power usage

SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE very high power usage: [ATTACH] This service is consuming 15-20% CPU All the time (but never beyond 25%) on my laptop (Dell XPS 15 7590) & its very annoying becuase this triggers fan noise even while doing minimal tasts on my computer & also consumes battery life I have referred to other posts...
  8. Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage

in Windows 10 News
    Software Protection Platform Service Sppsvc.exe causing High CPU usage: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Software Protection Platform allows the company to validate Microsoft services, and make sure nobody tampers with Windows or any Microsoft software including Office, OneDrive and so on. The process which does this job on Windows 10 is Sppsvc.exe. It...
  9. CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE

CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE: For some reason, the fan on my CPU is constantly running extremely high. When I check my CPU usage in Task Manager, the problem seems to be with the Connected Devices Platform User Service_48125c. I was under the impression that this task started with the computer startup,...
  10. ERRORS Connected Devices Platform Service-CDP User Service-CDPusersvc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ERRORS Connected Devices Platform Service-CDP User Service-CDPusersvc: As we all know, "No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished." This forum's power user (and maestro) fdegrove just helped me with one problem, but maybe we've kicked over a rock and there are creepy crawlies underneath. Maybe an onion of issues - a plethora of problems. (OK - I'll stop...