Windows 10: FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup

Discus and support FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If you are like me you probably got very frustrated with the Win10 Mail app's inability to separate the username from the outgoing e-mail address... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by seemebreakthis, Nov 19, 2015.

1. FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup

If you are like me you probably got very frustrated with the Win10 Mail app's inability to separate the username from the outgoing e-mail address (which are not necessarily the same and in my case they are in fact different). For a long time I have been complaining via the feedback app about this problem, but it seems MS has quietly fixed the issue on 10586.11 (or maybe even earlier)...

The trick is to delete your entire e-mail account setup for your IMAP account, and start setting one up from scratch using the 'advanced setup' then 'internet email' options. You will notice there is now an extra field to let you specify email address in addition to the username.

But the MS software engineers apparently rolled this out in a rush and forgot about updating the 'modify account' settings to let you see these extra email address field as well. Which means as it is now, once you have initially setup your email address field, you will never be able to modify it... hence the need to start setting a new account up from scratch.

:)

seemebreakthis, Nov 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 mail folders will not sync.

Hello Dennis,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

In order to resolve this issue we need more information. Let us know the following:

• What is the type of email account you have setup for your Yahoo email account? For example, POP3 (also listed as POP/SMTP) or IMAP?

• Note, in case you have setup the account as IMAP all your email folders in the Yahoo account will sync with the MAIL app. So, check and confirm the type of email account you have configured for your Yahoo account.

Check the above and let us know.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    "Download message (about Xsize)" takes FOREVER

Is this a Gmail account by any chance? I don't this problem with other account types, but I encounter download issues from Gmail all the time.

If it is GMail, can you tell me if it's an IMAP setup (email only) or a Exchange ActiveSync setup (email, contacts and calendars).

Entegy, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup

1. FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup - Similar Threads - FYI case IMAP

2. I have an imap email that I have added to my outlook account. The emails are coming through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an imap email that I have added to my outlook account. The emails are coming through...: I am a consultant and have emails for several clients . The imap account is not pulling through into outlook. I have email but not calendar. Please advise...
  3. I have an imap email that I have added to my outlook account. The emails are coming through...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an imap email that I have added to my outlook account. The emails are coming through...: I am a consultant and have emails for several clients . The imap account is not pulling through into outlook. I have email but not calendar. Please advise...
  4. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  5. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  6. emails - windows 10 imap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails - windows 10 imap: I cannot delete messages from my deleted folder in windows 10 imap. Can someone tell me how to do it. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-windows-10-imap/e30a102f-5ebe-47b1-ab75-95909b4b49cc
  7. windows 10 imap email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 imap email: I would like to make and print a list of the names, addresses, phone numbers in my people contact file. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-imap-email/d4470ddb-0493-494a-88f8-3b22b3c7f81a
  8. New imap email

in Windows 10 Customization
    New imap email: Hi I am running a second email and following a message to say the email has been set up I then get a message to say my details are out of date. I then try to reset the password and it still keeps coming up with Action Required. Can you help....
  9. Problems with IMAP email syc

Problems with IMAP email syc: Sync message: We couldn't access you account: AOL/***. You might need to update your password or update the account permission to sync. This happens after I sync and start reading my mail from this account. All settings for these accounts are correct. Now, when setting up...
  10. Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com: Within my email client I have a hotmail.com account setup as a POP3 account. I was informed if I wanted to move emails from one IMAP account to another IMAP which is simply moving emails from one folder to another folder within my email client; folder being an email account...