Windows 10: FYI .... System Protection turned off by 10586 upgrade on my 10 Pro

Discus and support FYI .... System Protection turned off by 10586 upgrade on my 10 Pro in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just tried to do a restore to clean up the mess I made trying to alter some of the changes in "upgrade???????" 1511 10586.3 and found that "System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DUFFER, Nov 16, 2015.

1. DUFFER Win User

FYI .... System Protection turned off by 10586 upgrade on my 10 Pro

I just tried to do a restore to clean up the mess I made trying to alter some of the changes in "upgrade???????" 1511 10586.3 and found that "System Protection" had been turned off by the upgrade and my scheduled restores were not done. What a PITA !!

:)

DUFFER, Nov 16, 2015

2. Neep Help to Disable Aero Snap Between Monitors Only on Windows 10

This doesn't work in my copy - turn it off, has no effect. Build 10586 (Windows 10 Pro 64)

Disgruntled Engineer, Nov 16, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 upgrade - no system restore and no GPEDIT.MSC

Hi,

I think Microsoft started turning off System Restore with one of the Win 8.1 updates, but I'm not sure... I don't use it anyway, so I have never investigated the issue...

I just turned it back on and created a restore point without issue on my Win 10 pro (1511) 10586 machine though..

slance310, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

FYI .... System Protection turned off by 10586 upgrade on my 10 Pro

1. FYI .... System Protection turned off by 10586 upgrade on my 10 Pro - Similar Threads - FYI System Protection

2. Virus protection is turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus protection is turn off: can any one tell me why is my virus protection turn off and I don't have another virus protection installed? [Original Title: virus protion] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection-is-turn-off/14128dfb-7692-4a02-8e40-31ec772b27db
  3. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  4. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  5. Temporarily turn off protection.

Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  6. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  7. Upgrading to Build 10586 Turned Off System Restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Build 10586 Turned Off System Restore: It was available and up to date before the upgrade. I have turned it back on. Why did the upgrade turn it off? I did use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade rather than wait for "my turn" with Windows Update. 29825
  8. Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586: Keep repeating on the update and won't update it... [img] Any solution? 37910
  9. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926
  10. Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 System protection is a feature that allows you to undo unwanted system changes by being able to do a System Restore. System Restore enables...