Windows 10: FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge

Discus and support FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; FYI if you upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018, MS Edge will not work if you disable Internet Protocol version 6. It just won't connect Internet on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gregory1230, Oct 3, 2018.

1. FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge

FYI if you upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018, MS Edge will not work if you disable Internet Protocol version 6. It just won't connect Internet on Edge, but other web browsers including Chrome does work. I can't connect Edge because I need DNS servers using IPv4 only. So anyway, please MS Edge allow both IPv4 AND IPv6 as earlier Win 10 versions.

Thank you,

Greg

:)

Gregory1230, Oct 3, 2018

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 3, 2018
  4. brazospo Win User

FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge

MS Edge on my WinPhone 10 crashes since a few days.

MS Edge has always worked fine on my beloved Lumia 735. Unfortunately, since a few days, Edge stops running after some scrolling and closes itself.

I found on some MS Help on line the suggestion to clear Edge History and I did so, but now Edge doesn't start at all or, if started, it closes itself immediately.

• How could I fix this sudden problem?

brazospo, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge

1. FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge - Similar Threads - FYI October update

2. FYI Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FYI Malware: Recent windows 11 update I found a malware bug,C:\Windows/Temp/patch.jsCause me to reinstall windows 11.....not good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fyi-malware/da27c5d2-5511-46f5-9f24-7996a53f9a24
  3. About ms edge update

in Browsers and Email
    About ms edge update: My ms edge automatic update to latest version 90.0.818.46 without asking when i click on "about ms edge". Download updates over metered connections is off. Is there anyway to disable auto update ? 178305
  4. fyi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fyi: Immediately after installing the 19041 upgrade, while I was reading a techraider review of claws email, I got a message saying it was from "disapproval" dot and a extension, claiming the Edge browser was corrupt and a phone number I googled and found was from Phoenix....
  5. FYI MS Office hyperlinks will not work RESOLVED!

in Browsers and Email
    FYI MS Office hyperlinks will not work RESOLVED!: For months now I have been trying to get hyperlinks to work in all the Office 2010 programs. Decided that today I was going to make it happen or else. I had tried everything I could find on the internet numerous times. So many suggestions tried that I would have to pull my...
  6. No WIN 10 October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No WIN 10 October 2018 update: I just tried to use a new feature in Lightroom CC and got an error message that said that it would only function with the October 2018 WIN 10 update. When I checked my computer the last recorded update (although there are many many more recent security updates) was June 6,...
  7. No sound after the October Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after the October Win 10 update: Hi all, Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there are "no audio devices installed". In the Device Manager, I have Intel (R) Display Audio listed under sound. I have searched...
  8. MS WIN 10 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS WIN 10 Security Updates: I am unable to update MS win 10 on my PC desktop. I using a metered connection, but even though I change to un-metered win 10 fails to update. My PC originally came with WIN 8.2.1. which I updated a few years back. I am not sure what version of ms win 10. I am running,...
  9. FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

in Browsers and Email
    FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.: After the latest update which supposedly fix the InPrivate cache problem, it actually got worse. If you browse anything in InPrivate, the browsing history actually shows up in the regular session. You can try: Open Edge Open an InPrivate window side by side Do some...
  10. Bad Phone Update FYI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad Phone Update FYI: I'm posting this here because it's hardware related. If not feel free to move it to the proper forum. This a FYI for anyone who may have a bad update to their phone and the Windows Device Recovery will not reboot their phone when downgrading. I was playing around with my...