Windows 10: FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

Discus and support FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by figment, Aug 3, 2015.

1. figment Win User

FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and folder permissions, locked files, inability to save or edit in my user files, open Outlook, play games, etc, I accidentally stumbled across some oddities in my file shares in computer management related to OneDrive. I posted a more thorough description and permanent work-around here:

Windows 10 OneDrive Default Settings Causing Major Issues With - Microsoft Community

:)

figment, Aug 3, 2015
  2. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 3, 2015
  3. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 3, 2015
  4. figment Win User

Anyone here have a clue about how to get this officially noticed by Microsoft? I feel like I've been shouting into the wind. This seems to be a widespread, perhaps global, problem considering the replies on my thread and the postings on the Microsoft forums. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

figment, Aug 5, 2015
  5. I noticed that my Special Folders were marked as Read Only, so I reset them. Another PC also generated a second Documents folder (Documents2), which I deleted. The latter has been an issue since Windows 7 with badly behaved apps that don't look to see where my Documents folder actually is.

I'm sure some people find OneDrive very useful, but I have yet to need it. It annoys me when apps such as Word assume it is my default save location.

Perhaps the best workaround is to not tell Windows 10 your Microsoft account when installing, this would also fix the Local Account from being usurped by the MS account for login. How would this even work if the PC was offline?

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot - Similar Threads - FYI OneDrive bug

2. Security bug found with booting up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security bug found with booting up Windows 10: It may not be that big of a deal but I found a bug when booting up windows. I'm running 22H2 OS Build 19045.2130. When I booted up my PC that stupid pop-up came about enabling Cortana and using Edge and so on. When I clicked "Later" it unlocked my PC without my pin, which is...
  3. Security bug found with booting up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security bug found with booting up Windows 10: It may not be that big of a deal but I found a bug when booting up windows. I'm running 22H2 OS Build 19045.2130. When I booted up my PC that stupid pop-up came about enabling Cortana and using Edge and so on. When I clicked "Later" it unlocked my PC without my pin, which is...
  4. Security bug found with booting up Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot: Hi!This issue has been killing me for weeks now, and I can't seem to find a fix for it. Long story short, I upgraded to Windows 11 about a week ago, and a few days later I downgraded back to Win 10 because 11 turned out to be a pile of burning garbage, but ever since the...
  6. Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot: Hi!This issue has been killing me for weeks now, and I can't seem to find a fix for it. Long story short, I upgraded to Windows 11 about a week ago, and a few days later I downgraded back to Win 10 because 11 turned out to be a pile of burning garbage, but ever since the...
  7. Windows 10 resets default apps on every boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Dropbox asks permission at every boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropbox asks permission at every boot: Recently, Dropbox asks me for permission to install each time I reboot my computer. I don't remember that happening in the past. What is fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox-asks-permission-at-every-boot/141a64b6-3ee8-4724-9337-09dd7a7d8b26
  9. Permissions bug in Windows 10 1909

Permissions bug in Windows 10 1909: [ATTACH] I found a permissions bug in Windows 10. I also got this bug in Windows 7 running on VirtualBox. This bug just happens when I set permissions to MYSELF. I was attempting to rename a Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows 10 picture wallpaper and when I set permissions to...
  10. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

[BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...