Windows 10: FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

Discus and support FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by figment, Aug 3, 2015.

1. figment Win User

FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and folder permissions, locked files, inability to save or edit in my user files, open Outlook, play games, etc, I accidentally stumbled across some oddities in my file shares in computer management related to OneDrive. I posted a more thorough description and permanent work-around here:

Windows 10 OneDrive Default Settings Causing Major Issues With - Microsoft Community

:)

figment, Aug 3, 2015
  2. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 3, 2015
  3. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 3, 2015
  4. figment Win User

Anyone here have a clue about how to get this officially noticed by Microsoft? I feel like I've been shouting into the wind. This seems to be a widespread, perhaps global, problem considering the replies on my thread and the postings on the Microsoft forums. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

figment, Aug 5, 2015
  5. nigelmercier Win User
    I noticed that my Special Folders were marked as Read Only, so I reset them. Another PC also generated a second Documents folder (Documents2), which I deleted. The latter has been an issue since Windows 7 with badly behaved apps that don't look to see where my Documents folder actually is.

I'm sure some people find OneDrive very useful, but I have yet to need it. It annoys me when apps such as Word assume it is my default save location.

Perhaps the best workaround is to not tell Windows 10 your Microsoft account when installing, this would also fix the Local Account from being usurped by the MS account for login. How would this even work if the PC was offline?

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot - Similar Threads - FYI OneDrive bug

2. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  3. Security Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Permissions: Hello! What Security permissions do I need to stream from Media Player to a TV. Do I need WMPNetworkSvc and if so how do I get it? All I have at present is "Everyone" with full control. 111394
  4. Security Updates Bug / Bugging

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Security Updates Bug / Bugging: Windows has been bugging me to update my security settings for the next update, Creator. I have been passing them by, but the last time I updated them in the control panel. This AM they bugged me again -- and -- took hold of the machine. This time the message could not be...
  5. OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.: Hi to everybody. First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me. A few infos: I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation; I've already...
  6. OneDrive security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive security?: I've disabled OneDrive and removed its icon from the desktop. I might be inclined to use OneDrive, but I'm leery about its security. It seems that every week now there's a report that yet another website with personal information has been hacked. In the last year, two of my...
  7. Security permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security permissions: I couldn't figure out if this post fit better in this area or the area that seemed to deal more with firewalls and AV software, my luck, neither, so I will trust to the discretion of the moderators... I synched some directories between two computers. Now I have a directory...
  8. OneDrive link bug

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive link bug: I use the OneDrive share link feature to share my photos; it is a great feature. However it has a bug. I recently shared links to two sets of files. One worked for the receivers. The other did not and reported empty file. I deleted the folder, set it up again with the same...
  9. Windows reset to original config every boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reset to original config every boot: I was working with my computer the other day and it rebooted spontaneously. When it did I got a "Preparing Windows" or "Configuring Windows" message after I logged in and when if finished I was back at the very first Windows set up. None of my start menu adjustments were...
  10. Reset OneDrive Sync in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset OneDrive Sync in Windows 10: Due to something I did on the OneDrive settings, I guess, all my OneDrive files have synced to this insider installation, filling up the limited space on the hard drive, before all the OneDrive files had synced. OneDrive shows a warning that it could not proceed, due to lack...