FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

Discus and support FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by figment, Aug 4, 2015.

1. figment Win User

Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and folder permissions, locked files, inability to save or edit in my user files, open Outlook, play games, etc, I accidentally stumbled across some oddities in my file shares in computer management related to OneDrive. I posted a more thorough description and permanent work-around here:

Windows 10 OneDrive Default Settings Causing Major Issues With - Microsoft Community

:)

figment, Aug 4, 2015
  2. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 4, 2015
  3. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 4, 2015
  4. figment Win User

Anyone here have a clue about how to get this officially noticed by Microsoft? I feel like I've been shouting into the wind. This seems to be a widespread, perhaps global, problem considering the replies on my thread and the postings on the Microsoft forums. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

figment, Aug 5, 2015
  5. nigelmercier Win User
    I noticed that my Special Folders were marked as Read Only, so I reset them. Another PC also generated a second Documents folder (Documents2), which I deleted. The latter has been an issue since Windows 7 with badly behaved apps that don't look to see where my Documents folder actually is.

I'm sure some people find OneDrive very useful, but I have yet to need it. It annoys me when apps such as Word assume it is my default save location.

Perhaps the best workaround is to not tell Windows 10 your Microsoft account when installing, this would also fix the Local Account from being usurped by the MS account for login. How would this even work if the PC was offline?

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot - Similar Threads - FYI OneDrive bug

1. Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI: This is for any geeky mad scientist types that are interested in this sort of thing. I installed the April 2018 update (1803) on 4 PCs recently. I noticed a significant difference in the installation time between one older desktop and a newer laptop, the laptop took MUCH...
  2. FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash.: Update: After uninstalling the version of Rivatuner that comes packaged with MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 I found a much newer version here Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.0.0 Beta that works fine without causing problems with Windows Firewall Control. Just...
  3. FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78

in Browsers and Email
    FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78: For the past few days when I was sending e-mail I was getting the error 0x800CCC78 with the message something along the lines of server returned 454.4.1.0 requested action aborted. I tested sending e-mail with Windows Mail and had no problem so I figure the problem must be...
  4. FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

in Browsers and Email
    FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.: After the latest update which supposedly fix the InPrivate cache problem, it actually got worse. If you browse anything in InPrivate, the browsing history actually shows up in the regular session. You can try: Open Edge Open an InPrivate window side by side Do some...
  5. FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections: In SqlDeveloper, my oracle connections were deleted after updating from windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10. However, I updated another computer( Windows 7 ) to Windows 10, my oracle connections in SqlDeveloper were kept. I hope this helps someone else. 38185
  6. Bad Phone Update FYI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad Phone Update FYI: I'm posting this here because it's hardware related. If not feel free to move it to the proper forum. This a FYI for anyone who may have a bad update to their phone and the Windows Device Recovery will not reboot their phone when downgrading. I was playing around with my...
  7. Program launch lag (FYI)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program launch lag (FYI): There is a lag of approximately three seconds when launching programs via Windows 10 shortcut keys. This is a longstanding, oft-reported issue that is alleged by some forum participants to predate Windows 10. There is no lag if programs are launched via a mouse. The fault...