Windows 10: fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018

Discus and support fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just installed updates kb4457128 kb4456655 kb4457146 on one of my computers, the updates seemed to work OK and have no side effects. on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jmorgan, Sep 12, 2018.

1. jmorgan Win User

fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018

Just installed updates

kb4457128

kb4456655

kb4457146

on one of my computers, the updates seemed to work OK and have no side effects.

on another computer, could not open any app as administrator -- could hear the window pop up asking for permission, but no window was visible and the desktop was locked, although I could access the start menu to restart -- nothing in task manager seemed to show the app waiting on permission.

rebooted several times
    disabled uac and all worked ok

reenabled uac and all worked ok

-- don't know if the updates had anything to the updates, but all is working now

:)

jmorgan, Sep 12, 2018

2. Windows Update 12/9 and or 12/10

Hi Lynne,

With regard to your issue, we suggest that you perform a System Restore.

Use System restore to make restore points when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won't affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made.

Click on this
    link
    to know how to create restore point.

Please follow the steps below to perform System Restore.

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 12, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 12, 2018
  4. john_ Win User

Upcoming Hardware Launches 2018 (Updated)

I think it would have been better if it was shorted based on dates.

For example

2018 Q1_______
    AMD: blah blah blah
    Intel: blah blah blah

2018 Q2_______
    empty - nothing expected for that period

2018 Q3_______
    Nvidia: blah blah blah
    AMD: blah blah blah

etc.

PS
    A small mistake

john_, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018 - Similar Threads - fyi Update 2018

2. 2018 account after Windows update on 11/12/21

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2018 account after Windows update on 11/12/21: When choosing "Update and shut down" last night, I noticed the monitor stayed on later in the evening. When signing on to the PC, it had a main account I hadn't used in years. Could not find the account that allowed access to my current files/configuration. Today I discovered...
  3. Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70

Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70: Successfully Installed Error Encountered A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. Happens Every Day...
  4. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC: We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log...
  5. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

in Windows 10 Support
    FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC: We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log...
  6. issues for 2018-12 kb4471324 update

issues for 2018-12 kb4471324 update: Hi, Because my notebook becomes slow, so I guess it must be the issue of windows update ... I found my notebook received the 2018-12 kb4471324 update, and it success once, but it failed for 6 or more times, and it is continue do update now. [ATTACH] Now, my notebook...
  7. Problem to be updates on 12/12/2018

Problem to be updates on 12/12/2018: Hi There, Windows 10 running slow Internet after last update on 12/12/2018 goes to website but very slow at loading site YouTube and others !!!! [ATTACH]...
  8. No Windows 10 updates since Oct 9, 2018

No Windows 10 updates since Oct 9, 2018: There are usually windows 10 updates pushed out at least once a week, but they seem to have stopped. When I check for updates it shows none available. As of today (11/10), it has been more than a month since an update has been availble which seems strange. The last update...
  9. Xbox One Free Play Days for All August 9-12, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Free Play Days for All August 9-12, 2018: SVckPZ2YE2k Get ready to sample the awesomeness of Xbox Live Gold. This Summer, Xbox is happy to invite all Xbox Live members without an Xbox Live Gold membership to play online with friends for free during our Free Play Days For All event from 12:01 a.m. PDT on August 9 to...
  10. Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018: Over the next few days, we are releasing updates for several Surface devices, including: Surface Book 2 Surface Laptop Surface Studio Surface Book Surface Pro 4 Surface Pro 3 (Preview) These updates include updated Surface UEFI firmware for each listed device to address...