Windows 10: G Suite Legacy, Outlook 2016, and OAUTH =

Discus and support G Suite Legacy, Outlook 2016, and OAUTH = in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Starting February 15, 2021, G Suite accounts will only allow access to apps using OAuth. Password-based access will no longer be supported. I have G... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by LWFG001, Dec 16, 2019.

1. LWFG001 Win User

G Suite Legacy, Outlook 2016, and OAUTH =

Starting February 15, 2021, G Suite accounts will only allow access to apps using OAuth. Password-based access will no longer be supported.

I have G Suite Legacy and Outlook 2016.

There appears to be no upgrade path to OAUTH when using G Suite Legacy and Outlook 2016 together without "upgrading" (e.g. spending money) enrolling in a subscription plan from G Suite Legacy to G Suite Basic and afterwards going through the steps to install GSSMO so that Outlook 2016 can connect to G Suite over OAUTH.

Is this correct or is there actually a way to retain G Suite Legacy and use it with Outlook 2016?

:)

LWFG001, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Dec 16, 2019
  4. jacobacci Win User

Support for Google OAUTH in Outlook for Windows ?

Hi all
    I read here that Outlook 2016 for Mac is getting Google OAUTH support. Does anyone know, if OAUTH support is also coming for Outlook 2016 for Windows?
    Thanks a lot and best regards

jacobacci, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. G Suite Legacy, Outlook 2016, and OAUTH = - Similar Threads - Suite Legacy Outlook

2. Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth?: I want to create an app password for my outlook as I used to do to login to my gmail account. Microsoft seems to try to force gmail users to authenticate the Microsoft app to Google instead of allowing a regular IMAP/SMTP password. I get that they want to auth against Google...
  3. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  4. What is New in G Suite for February 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in G Suite for February 2019: Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from February 2019. [ATTACH] Featured launch: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise [ATTACH] Work together Manage workflows and automate processes...
  5. Outlook configuration not working with G-Suite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook configuration not working with G-Suite: Hi I have a g-suite email with 2 step verification. I wanted to use Outlook for email. So I did create an app password from g-suite security , but Outlook keeps asking for password input as if it does not acknowledge the app password. so i deactivated the 2 steps...
  6. G Suite Alias in Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G Suite Alias in Windows Mail App: Is there any way to send e-mail from a G Suite alias e-mail address? I have contacted google and they told me to contact Microsoft. It is a business account, and we send ALL e-mail from the alias account. All I can figure out is to set up the primary address, however, that...
  7. Support for Google OAUTH in Outlook for Windows ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Support for Google OAUTH in Outlook for Windows ?: Hi all I read here that Outlook 2016 for Mac is getting Google OAUTH support. Does anyone know, if OAUTH support is also coming for Outlook 2016 for Windows? Thanks a lot and best regards 114941
  8. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  9. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  10. Gmail vs G Suite

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail vs G Suite: I've been using Gmail forever but now I'm looking at G Suite so that I can use my own domain name in my email. I've looked around and Google doesn't offer the option to use your own domain name if you don't sign up for a G Suite subscription. Except for the fact that G...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 oauth gmail

2. outlook OAuth gsuite