Windows 10: G Suite quick access side panel now in Google Drive

Discus and support G Suite quick access side panel now in Google Drive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Quick launch summary You can now access the side panel while using Drive on the web. That means you can access Calendar, Keep, and Task while using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

G Suite quick access side panel now in Google Drive

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: G Suite quick access side panel in Drive

:)

Brink, Feb 26, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 26, 2019
  3. nugen Win User
    Gmail vs G Suite

I've been using Gmail forever but now I'm looking at G Suite so that I can use my own domain name in my email. I've looked around and Google doesn't offer the option to use your own domain name if you don't sign up for a G Suite subscription.

Except for the fact that G Suite cost money every month, is there any other negatives with having a business Google account (G Suite) vs a personal Google account (free Gmail)? Can I use and login to all the regular Google Services such as YouTube, Google Keep, Google Play etc. Will the services behave differently in G Suite as it thinks I'm a business user?

If anyone has some experience in this it would be nice to hear from you.

nugen, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Quick Access for Network Drives

I have 2 NAS drives [X: and Y:] connected to my Router, neither drive shows in Quick Access but the files I access in the Public Folder do. I have the Public Folder on each drive listed just below the internal drives in the left panel.
    Attachment 33568

Berton, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. G Suite quick access side panel now in Google Drive - Similar Threads - Suite quick access

2. Google Drive reports Error: "Location is not available. G:\ is not accessible. Access is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive reports Error: "Location is not available. G:\ is not accessible. Access is...: Scenario:Accounts:Regular userAdmin userGoogle Drive desktop was installed under one profile and works normally under that profile.Access is not allowed when attempts are made to access the drive with a program that was launched with the " Run As Another User" Google Drive...
  3. Google Drive reports Error: "Location is not available. G:\ is not accessible. Access is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Drive reports Error: "Location is not available. G:\ is not accessible. Access is...: Scenario:Accounts:Regular userAdmin userGoogle Drive desktop was installed under one profile and works normally under that profile.Access is not allowed when attempts are made to access the drive with a program that was launched with the " Run As Another User" Google Drive...
  4. The quick access panel at the side is not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The quick access panel at the side is not showing.: Hi there. I bought a brand new PC that I received yesterday, but it does not show the quick access panel at my file explorer. I can't seem to find a way to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  5. What is New in Google G Suite in September 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Google G Suite in September 2019: Check out the latest "What's New in G Suite" launch recap (pdf) for a roundup of all G Suite launches from August 2019. Archive and translated versions (coming soon for September issue) Source: G Suite Updates Blog: What's New in G Suite - September 2019 141775
  6. Editors Can Now Insert a Table of Contents in Google Sites for G Suite

in Windows 10 News
    Editors Can Now Insert a Table of Contents in Google Sites for G Suite: Quick Launch Summary Inserting a table of contents into a page makes the navigation of text-focused content like FAQs, documentation, or wikis easy. Editors can insert a table of contents into a page with a simple click — headings and subheadings will automatically update...
  7. Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

in Windows 10 News
    Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite: Quick launch summary Earlier this year we introduced a BETA for new grammar suggestions in Google Docs. Now we’re making this feature available for G Suite Basic, Business, and Enterprise users. The new features enhance existing spell check functions and highlight possible...
  8. G Suite quick access side panel in Drive

in Windows 10 News
    G Suite quick access side panel in Drive: Quick launch summary You can now access the side panel while using Drive on the web. That means you can access Calendar, Keep, and Task while using Drive, Gmail, Calendar, or Editor products (Docs, Sheets, and Slides). The side panel makes it easy to quickly complete tasks...
  9. Intelligent Search in Google Drive Available for All G Suite Editions

in Windows 10 News
    Intelligent Search in Google Drive Available for All G Suite Editions: Quick launch summary We’re making Enterprise improvements to the Google Drive search box on desktop available to all G Suite Editions. Now, when you click in the search box you’ll see a range of options, including: Suggested search queries: Click on a term to search for...
  10. Windows Explorer quick access panel side changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer quick access panel side changed: When i open file explorer to view any drive or "my computer " etc , the folders , quick access panel , all are aligned to the right , and "minimize , maximize control" is shifted to top left , instead of top right , by default it is other way around , this is problematic , as...