Windows 10: G502 Hero Mouse not Working.

Discus and support G502 Hero Mouse not Working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had a problem for a day now in which my mouse is malfunctioning and not working. The mouse is a G502 hero gaming mouse and the computer keeps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacob_504, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Jacob_504 Win User

G502 Hero Mouse not Working.

I have had a problem for a day now in which my mouse is malfunctioning and not working. The mouse is a G502 hero gaming mouse and the computer keeps on having a message in which it says "the last USB is not recognized on this computer." It is not working and keeps on connecting then disconnecting, making many irritating error noises. I have tried many methods to fix this, including unplugging the computer from the power and reconnecting it and even uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. None of those worked. Prior to it malfunctioning, it was working fine until I cleaned it, making me suspicious and now I think the water must have something to do with it. The device manager also detects it and then doesn't detect it the next second, saying the USB is not recognized and the device descriptor request failed. I would like a response ASAP if possible. Thank you for reading and sorry if this doesn't make much sense and will gladly clarify any details.

:)

Jacob_504, Nov 26, 2019

2. Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502

Hi Chase

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

General troubleshooting steps

A. Reboot your computer. Generally, rebooting solves many problems.

B. Try a different USB port

C. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

D. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Though you have reinstalled mouse drivers, however do these steps again. Take actions related to mouse (Check after each step A, B and C)

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices > Right click on the mouse listed there >

A. Roll back - Click Properties > Roll Back - Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it > Reboot

B. Uninstall - Uninstall > Reboot and the driver will be automatically installed

C. Update - Update Driver > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Choose the driver > Click Next to update > Reboot

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software > Reboot

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Side button on G502 stopped working

Hello,

I've been using my G502 mouse for a long time , and it's great, recently however my side button (the "forward" button) has stopped working.

I use this button alot when browsing and I don't know why but it no longer does it's function so I'm asking if anyone might be able to help me in this. I installed Logitech Gaming Software to check if maybe the button is unbinded but everything is normal. I also unplugged/plugged my mouse to see if it works and also restarting my PC, however still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions , I really like this mouse and would love to fix any problem it has.

Thanks in forward.

gamingmonkey, Nov 26, 2019
  4. iamc3k Win User

Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

LOL...glad someone got it. *Wink

Okay, the G5, although in hand, was left alone. Instead, I grabbed a pair of other mice.
    I tried a Logitech MX G403. It worked in Safe Mode.

Next steps:

Turn off computer. Unplug the G403, plug in the G502 into the same port. Restart in Win10. Select advanced options/safe mode. Reboot. The G502 was still unrecognized. (BTW, this is not the SAME G502 as in my earlier report. It is a new piece of hardware since then. Replaced under Logitech warranty a few months ago.)

Next steps:

Similar to above but tried my old Logitech MX518. It works in Win10 Normal Mode, but, like the G502, is totally dead in Safe Mode.

Interesting observation: laying the MX518 so it was belly-up, the laser flashed each time I plugged it into any of the USB ports. So, there is power... (Again, for clarity, I initially used the USB port which works with the G403 in Safe Mode. Yes, the laser in the MX518 briefly flashed when plugged into that port but then stayed out and the mouse was unresponsive with no cursor on the screen.)

G403 works in Safe Mode. In fact, it was hot-swappable. Pull out, plug in, pull out, etc. It always worked when plugged in.

The G403 is the only mouse (at hand) which is a Working Safe Mode Mouse.

At least, I know that it is a mouse issue, not a Windows issue???

iamc3k, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. G502 Hero Mouse not Working. - Similar Threads - G502 Hero Mouse

2. My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11: I am a user who plays and works on the computer, recently my logitech g502hero mouse showed crashes and delay when using it on the computer, I saw in several videos that I should turn off several programs but nothing solved it, I contacted them and they told me to install...
  3. My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11: I am a user who plays and works on the computer, recently my logitech g502hero mouse showed crashes and delay when using it on the computer, I saw in several videos that I should turn off several programs but nothing solved it, I contacted them and they told me to install...
  4. G502 Lightspeed Mouse speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    G502 Lightspeed Mouse speed: I have the G502 Lightspeed mouse on my ASUS gaming laptop and recently the speed slowed to an annoyingly slow speed. i have adjusted the speed to the max speed in settings which works, for about 2 minutes and the speed slows down again. How do i fix it?...
  5. Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...

Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...: Windows 10, Logitech G502 Hero is the mouse. Cursor will drift and jump, and then stop responding altogether after about 10 seconds. Have to unplug the Logitech mouse and replug it for the cursor to respond again, giving me 5 minutes before another attack. Cursor tends to not...
  6. Minecraft Dungeons Hero DLC not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Dungeons Hero DLC not working: Hi! I bought Minecraft Dungeons on the windows store and decided after a couple hours i wanted the DLC so i bought the Hero Pass Upgrade but i can't get it to work. When i launch the game the DLC is still not unlocked and i can't find any way to activate the DLC....
  7. Logitech G502 mouse beeping and lagging while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech G502 mouse beeping and lagging while playing games: Hello, I have the following problem. For about 3 weeks now my mouse has been lagging sometimes while playing video games. While this happens, there are also some beeping noises like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuolB3uESyA Somehow when browsing or doing...
  8. Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502

Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502: I have a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro. Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 2.11GHz RAM: 16 GB 64 bit I have a Logitech G502 mouse that keeps lagging/stops working (Before you say the mouse is the problem, I bought a brand new one when my...
  9. Sonic Heroes not working on PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sonic Heroes not working on PC.: Sonic Heroes is not working on my desktop but works fine on my laptop. Both run Windows 10 64bit but different versions. Compatibility mode doesn't help and there is something called widescreen fix but no luck. When I open Tsonic_win.exe it closes and shows "SONIC HEROES(TM)...
  10. Hero Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hero Image: Hello, First post on this forum ,anyone know how to remove the hero image from windows 10 logon screen. Thanx 65453

Users found this page by searching for:

1. g502 mouse and windows 10

2. logitech g502 does not work with laptop

3. g502 not working on windows 10