Windows 10: G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10

Discus and support G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I know there are a lot of similar case with me but trust me, i have went through all the possible solutions that I have came across but none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by XsplaX, Oct 9, 2015.

1. XsplaX Win User

G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10

I know there are a lot of similar case with me but trust me, i have went through all the possible solutions that I have came across but none of them solve my eye discomfort situation.

So let me share again my problem here and what I have done in order to outcome the problem.

After upgrade to windows 10, my screen brightness can't be changed either using fn+fx or at power option or any other possible places.
    Other fn button working fine. Troubleshooting:

1. Refer to ASUS driver and support website - useless due to obsolete driver.

2. Use intel driver update utility to scan and search for latest driver - installed but still useless - version 15.36.24.64.4264 a.k.a 10.18.14.4264

3. Device manager --> update intel display adapter--> let me pick a list from my computer --> 10.18.15.4279 available and picked - useless

4. No brightness slider at power option

5. Adaptive brightness turned off

6. Device manager --> update intel display adapter --> Microsoft basic display adapter <<--- Seriously not practical but i tried anyhow but still useless.

The brightness is killing my eye. Anybody can share their solution especially from G551 or any user with 2 graphic cards.
    Thank you.

:)

XsplaX, Oct 9, 2015

2. HOW TO ADJUST BRIGHTNESS OF THE SCREEN

I am not a computer user. Just purchased one HP Desktop before few days. I was adjusting brightness of the screen when brightness bar was appearing in display. I do not know what I changed. I am unable to get the Brightness Bar to adjust the screen
    brightness, Can someone help me?

SIDDAIAHSUDARSHAN, Oct 9, 2015
  3. UNABLE TO CHANGE BRIGHTNESS

After switching to WINDOWS10 I am unable to change by brightness of the screen .

AND my keyboard brightness key's and some of th keys are not working.

Does anyone has solution my eyes are paining because of this **** ( brightness switching and keyboard working ).

SAI DEV LAKKAKULA, Oct 9, 2015
  4. G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10

Two days ago I would have read this thread and thought to myself, naw, he's missing something, did something and forgot about it, installed double drivers, or any number of user-initiated faults. In essence, I would have thought well of course there's still the brightness control, right there where it always is!

This is, of course, exactly what I told my customer last night when she called, having a meltdown because her laptop, following an update the night before, no longer had the brightness control slider, and the fn + <- or -> no longer worked either--though she assured me all other fn keys were just fine. After a couple phone calls and even a remote session, I had to finally agree with her. IT'S JUST GONE! It's also an ASUS and I've mirrored your troubleshooting steps almost to a T...with exactly the same results!

I've got a call into my ex who works at MS to see if he can help and as a temporary work-around switched my client to HighContrast themes, with a dark background. For her (and it sounds like for you as well) this isn't a matter of aesthetics, nor a matter of personal display preferences, but instead is truly a matter of accessibility due to a condition with her retinas that make her super-sensitive to light.

If anyone has a fix or an idea, please respond. I'll update my post if/when I hear anything from the folks in Redmond.

SmartGuyDumbPC, Nov 5, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Install latest driver directly from Intel, this will give you the Graphics Properties (Intel's graphics control panel) in Control Panel or when you right-click on the desktop. From there you should be able to adjust brightness. To make the FN keys work again download and reinstall the Quick Launcher (or whatever is called) utility from notebook's site.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10

1. G551JM - Unable to change screen brightness in w10 - Similar Threads - G551JM Unable change

2. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  6. Unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change brightness: I am unable to change my brightness through the battery icon in the taskbar. Instead I have to go into settings and adjust it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness/29770dc0-bdef-4a59-aa78-5f6e01dd12b2
  7. Unable to change screen brightness

Unable to change screen brightness: I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested, including community solutions, but none of them work. it began after the most recent windows update, where the change...
  8. Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift

Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift: I don't know how long now but I am unable to change my screen brightness and night shift settings. I updated to the new software a while back and only recently noticed that my battery has been dying sooner than it should have. Today I reset my laptop and it had no effect...
  9. unable to change screen brightness with function keys

unable to change screen brightness with function keys: Dear community, I've got a new HP ProBook 430 G5 running Windows 10 Home. I am having difficulties with adjusting the brightness of the screen via the function keys. I can do it manually but I would prefer being able to use F3 and F4. The other Function Keys work when...
  10. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop: So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to use function brightness in w10