Windows 10: Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over

Discus and support Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's windows 10, it was installing some updates and I think it got interrupted when my laptop died. I plugged it in and turned it back on and it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Benar2, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Benar2 Win User

Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over

It's windows 10, it was installing some updates and I think it got interrupted when my laptop died. I plugged it in and turned it back on and it's been continuously trying to start up for about 5 hours now. I can't do anything on it, when I turn it off and on again it's doing the same thing- it just shows the loading screen then shuts off and starts loading over and over, doesn't even make it to the log in screen *cry

What do I doooo?

:)

Benar2, Oct 20, 2016
  2. Chari San Win User

HELP!!! My Phone Is Continually Restarting, Over and Over!

Hi,

We suggest that you login to your OneDrive account to check if you have backed up your files. That way, you can proceed in hard resetting your phone.

Since your phone is unresponsive and you can't reach Settings, you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:

• Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).
    • When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the
      Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
    • Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order:
      Volume up, Volume down, Power,
      Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.).

Reach us again for further assistance.

Regards.

Chari San, Oct 20, 2016
  3. NA2222 Win User
    HELP!!! My Phone Is Continually Restarting, Over and Over!

My Nokia Lumia 640 phone started restarting over and over, and I cannot get it to stop. It keeps showing the Microsoft screen (the very first screen when it turns on) and then it restarts again...then the Microsoft screen comes up...and this continues over
    and over.

* I have tried removing the battery, and that does not help. When I replace the battery, the phone automatically turns itself back on, without me pushing any buttons (normally when you remove the battery, the phone stays off until you manually restart it).

* I have tried a soft reset, and this doesn't work

* I have been able to get the phone to start up, only by holding down the power button but if I let go, it restarts again...and if I keep holding it down, the phone restarts anyway!

* I know I could probably do a hard reset, but I have a lot of pictures and settings that I don't want to lose, and they can't be backed up when the phone is not on all the way.

Does anyone know how to fix the restarting problem, and / or how to backup my stuff while the phone is in this current state?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

NA2222, Oct 20, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

You obviously have access to another computer, or you couldn't post your plea for help. Your next move should be to use the Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums.
    This is a common enough occurrence, sadly, that you shouldn't be too terribly alarmed, and also reasonably confident that you can put your laptop back in service in an hour or two.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over - Similar Threads - Gah help Laptop

2. Pc restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restarting over and over: My pc keeps restarting once I’m on my desktop. I haven’t changed anything on my pc. My pc was fine yesterday. Only thing I can think of is the power went out but it’s happened before and no issue. I get a blue box before it restarts saying Pc App Store is restarting this pc....
  3. Pc restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc restarting over and over: My pc keeps restarting once I’m on my desktop. I haven’t changed anything on my pc. My pc was fine yesterday. Only thing I can think of is the power went out but it’s happened before and no issue. I get a blue box before it restarts saying Pc App Store is restarting this pc....
  4. windows 10 keep restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 keep restarting over and over: This issue happens more frequently now. I having issue using my computer since it's restarting over and over after the screen stucks. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keep-restarting-over-and-over/62787b8e-b5de-4891-a7a5-c76529df017a
  5. windows 10 keep restarting over and over

windows 10 keep restarting over and over: This issue happens more frequently now. I having issue using my computer since it's restarting over and over after the screen stucks. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keep-restarting-over-and-over/62787b8e-b5de-4891-a7a5-c76529df017a
  6. windows 10 keep restarting over and over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  8. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  9. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(: Hello, I installed Windows 10 recently, and the file manager in case the explorer has a problem, I open it and click on some areas with documents and images it opens and reads normally, but when I go to downloads or quick access the explorer is read and takes a long time and...