Windows 10: Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

Discus and support Gaining permission to an old hard drive files in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I have an old hard drive with which I decided to copy it's data to a new HDD, I had a OS installed on it (probably windows xp) when I decided not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by juliokalle, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

Hi.

I have an old hard drive with which I decided to copy it's data to a new HDD, I had a OS installed on it (probably windows xp) when I decided not to use it.

Now that I decide to copy its data from C drive, It says you don't have access and you need to fix the premission through Security tab. It is annoying to do this for every file.

So I decided to do this for the Whole C drive, and checked "apply this to sub-folders", but when I check this option, it shows "You don't have premission access the folders".

But I could change the premission of a signle file or folder, How can I solve this problem?

:)

juliokalle, Sep 2, 2018

2. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

Tried this and it just takes me to
    Gaining permission to an old hard drive files [​IMG]

same when I click

stephen12331989, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

Yes but only with the standard admin - admin details.
    Would it be somewere there on here ....

stephen12331989, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Wullail Win User

Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

Gaining permission to WD hard drive

What I had to do here with my WD passport drive was go into Windows Explorer and type in the drives IP address in the top bar , this then forced the system to ask me for the logon details, after which the PC was able to access the drives as normal.

Wullail, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

1. Gaining permission to an old hard drive files - Similar Threads - Gaining permission old

2. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  3. I have hundreds of old photos stored on an old hard drive, is it possible to gain access to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have hundreds of old photos stored on an old hard drive, is it possible to gain access to...: I have hundreds of old photos stored on an old hard drive, is it possible to gain access to all of them at once or do i have to gain access to each one of them seperately? as that would take very long. Thanks in advance....
  4. I have hundreds of old photos stored on an old hard drive, is it possible to gain access to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have hundreds of old photos stored on an old hard drive, is it possible to gain access to...: I have hundreds of old photos stored on an old hard drive, is it possible to gain access to all of them at once or do i have to gain access to each one of them seperately? as that would take very long. Thanks in advance....
  5. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  6. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  7. Can’t change permissions on old hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t change permissions on old hard drive: Hi everyone, To get you up to date with my situation, I recently upgraded my PC with a 1TB SSD to boot from and run my most used programs. I am keeping other files on my 4TB HDD, on which I left my old installation of Windows and all files as they were. I now am running...
  8. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  9. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

Gaining permission to WD hard drive: I've recently tried to get my WD my world book, external hard drive going on a new laptop. Managed to install everything and it now shows on my network on laptop. But when I try opening the folder I get an message saying "MYBOOKWORLD is not accessible. You might not have...
  10. File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access

in Windows 10 Support
    File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access: Hi all! I've searched across the web for help with this and nothing has seemed to work so far. I pulled a hard drive out of my old Windows 7 (I think) PC and I was trying to salvage some old family photos. I found a file with a lock icon on it. It allows me inside, but all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant gain permission on old hdd documents

2. how to gain access to all permission in a hard drive

3. gain permission hard drive

4. gain permission to to hard drive ,
  5. get permission to old harddrive files,
  6. old hard drive permission,
  7. gaining permission to hard drive ,
  8. how to gain permission to an old hdd,
  9. gaining permission to an internal hard drive