Windows 10: Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio)

Discus and support Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had my Galaxy Book 12 connected to my TV via USB C to HDMI port. I was changing the display settings to duplicate screens. Audio worked great all day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DSCooksey, Apr 27, 2019.

1. DSCooksey Win User

Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio)

I had my Galaxy Book 12 connected to my TV via USB C to HDMI port. I was changing the display settings to duplicate screens. Audio worked great all day before this change, but as soon as I changed the display settings to duplicate, no output/input devices found happened. No sound at all. I disconnected my TV HDMI port and I can't change the device output to anything. I plugged headphones in thinking this might reset it or allow sound to be heard through my Headphones via the jack. Nothing.

I restarted several times. Turned off the computer for 10 minutes. Nothing has fixed this issue.

I've searched online for help. All that I can find online is "output device not installed", so I try to go through those steps to fix. They say to go to the Device manager, sound, video, and game controllers: my computer's default device is no where in that list. Its like it has been completely erased from my computer and it's ability to recognize any new ones because it wouldn't even recognize my headphones.

The troubleshooter goes through its trouble shoot and says it can't find a problem. I click on the details and it states that issues were found, but gives me nothing to fix. Its as if the troubleshooter finds an issue but states that there is no issue.

Help, please. I have a project due this upcoming week and have only a couple of days to work on it and I need sound to edit projects.

:)

DSCooksey, Apr 27, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 27, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Samsung Announces Galaxy Book 12 Enterprise 2-in-1 Solution

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced pre-order sales and availability of Samsung Galaxy Book 12 with Windows 10 Pro, a 2-in-1 device that offers highly mobile workforces style, performance and productivity. Galaxy Book will be available for pre-order through select resellers beginning April 21 for $1429, which includes an S Pen and Keyboard Case, as well as Samsung's enterprise solutions, services and support. Device shipments will begin May 23.

"We see tremendous growth and potential for 2-in-1s in the enterprise, particularly in vertical markets like sales, finance, healthcare and retail industries where users move frequently between collaboration and productivity mode," said Kevin Gilroy, executive vice president of enterprise mobility at Samsung Electronics America. "Galaxy Book helps Windows 10 Pro users make an impression with a stylish and flexible device that's backed by the power, security and reliability of our Galaxy foundation."

Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio) 2e6e7108869e_thm.jpg

The Galaxy Book 12 features 7th Generation Intel Core processing power with Windows 10 Pro for productive PC-level performance. It also comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage capacity with the option to add additional storage using a microSD card1. The Galaxy Book 12 has a fast-charging, long-lasting battery that powers it through a full business day.

Galaxy Book 12 for the enterprise is built on Windows 10 Pro, giving its users everything they need to keep up with the speed of business. It also features Samsung Flow2, which allows Galaxy smartphone users to wirelessly tether their smartphone and Galaxy Book to easily transfer and sync documents, as well as read and respond to messages and notifications. Samsung Flow brings an additional level of security to Galaxy Book, by turning users' Galaxy smartphones into authentication devices. It also can leverage the Galaxy smartphone's WiFi hotspot for on-the-go LTE access.

The multifunctional S Pen is designed for the Galaxy Book 12 users to have a more convenient and natural writing experience for note-taking, editing and drawing. The backlit keyboard cover has curved, well-spaced keys and a large touchpad for easy maneuvering. The cover also allows for Galaxy Book to be set up in various angles ('PC', 'Easel' and 'Note' mode) based on optimal comfort and use.

Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio) ce3bb1bbea17_thm.jpg

btarunr, Apr 27, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio output device is installed

A screenshot of the Device Manager, Sounds section is still needed. Can't really offer a suggestion until I see what is showing there now.

e.g this is mine It shows AMD which the audio for HDMI, Realtek and Tranzport which is a wireless controller for my recording studio program.

Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio) [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio) - Similar Threads - Galaxy Book output

2. No audio output found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output found: After updating Realtek, no audio output was found. Upon checking Device Manager, there was a problem with the Intel Smart Technology bus. The error message indicated that Windows could not load the device driver for this hardware, stating that the driver may be corrupted or...
  3. No audio output found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio output found: After updating Realtek, no audio output was found. Upon checking Device Manager, there was a problem with the Intel Smart Technology bus. The error message indicated that Windows could not load the device driver for this hardware, stating that the driver may be corrupted or...
  4. Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 - No output devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 - No output devices found: I had been gaming on my laptop and the audio was running fine. Then I put it to sleep and a while later I ran a new update and started it again, since then, the audio is not working anymore.I tried restarting it and it did not work, then I tried to shut it down and it still...
  5. Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 - No output devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 - No output devices found: I had been gaming on my laptop and the audio was running fine. Then I put it to sleep and a while later I ran a new update and started it again, since then, the audio is not working anymore.I tried restarting it and it did not work, then I tried to shut it down and it still...
  6. Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found audio: Hi I have proceed as recommended in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/galaxy-book-12-no-output-devices-found-audio/642f7f75-adbc-4f6c-a698-321d8125b6a8 ; however, I got error message that said: "Windows found an error when try to install a driver....
  7. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  8. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  9. No Audio Output Device Found

No Audio Output Device Found: I turned on my Samsung Galaxy Book runnin 64bit Windows 10 a shot time ago and discovered no sound. Hovering over the speaker icon displays the "No audio output device found". I have attempted nearly every troubleshooter I can find online. Each of the items in the device...
  10. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...