Windows 10: Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...

Discus and support Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,Having a very strange issue with HITMAN 3. The game is acting like its in the background when tabbed in, and when tabbed out it returns to normal,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrDan852, Jul 16, 2021.

1. MrDan852 Win User

Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...

Hi,Having a very strange issue with HITMAN 3. The game is acting like its in the background when tabbed in, and when tabbed out it returns to normal, and tabbing back in makes it worse again. I'm not quite sure how to even word it, but I think the foreground/background resource priority is the wrong way round. For example, when I'm tabbed in/the game is in the foreground, it uses on average about 10% CPU, and 20% GPU, and 10-20 FPS. But when I tab in, it goes up to around 50% CPU and nearly 100% GPU, with 90-100 FPS, which is what I got before this issue started. And as for when it started, I

:)

MrDan852, Jul 16, 2021
  2. Inigo313 Win User

Tab key acting as D

So whenever i press tab it might act either as tab or the D key which is really annoying in games where you use tab. Any way to prevent this?

Also, using a swedish forged keyboard and my keyboard type is swedish

Inigo313, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...

Windows 10 keyboard on games acting crazy

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Since you couldn’t find any issues with other games, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and verify the result.

Follow the steps below to uninstall the game.

• Right click on
      start menu

• Select programs and features.

• Under program and features select the game.

• Right click on
      Skullgirls
      and click on uninstall.

• Try reinstalling it again.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...

1. Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when... - Similar Threads - Game acting background

2. BDOS when tabbing into a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BDOS when tabbing into a game: My laptop sometimes crashes, when tabbing into some specific games. This happend the most often, when tabbing into the games Minecraft, Rainbow Six Siege and Darkest Dungeon. My laptop is the Surface Laptop Studio with the following windows version:Edition Windows 11 Pro...
  3. BDOS when tabbing into a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BDOS when tabbing into a game: My laptop sometimes crashes, when tabbing into some specific games. This happend the most often, when tabbing into the games Minecraft, Rainbow Six Siege and Darkest Dungeon. My laptop is the Surface Laptop Studio with the following windows version:Edition Windows 11 Pro...
  4. Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game: as I said in the title my background videos and some programs freeze/buffer when I'm tabbed into a game. PC specs are 10900k, 32gb of G.skill ram, along with my 1080. This never happened on Windows 10 but as soon as I updated to windows 11 I've had this problem and have not...
  5. Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game: as I said in the title my background videos and some programs freeze/buffer when I'm tabbed into a game. PC specs are 10900k, 32gb of G.skill ram, along with my 1080. This never happened on Windows 10 but as soon as I updated to windows 11 I've had this problem and have not...
  6. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  7. Games the other way around in Picture in Picture/Mini View ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games the other way around in Picture in Picture/Mini View ?: Hey guys, I've tried a bit and I'm not sure how to google any more afterwards there are one or the other game that I would like to play in a small, scalable PiP window while watching series and videos in full screen I know, normally people do it the other way around, but I...
  8. High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?: High FPS background and low FPS when tabbed in I recently reset my entire PC and after installing, of what I believe to be, all drivers, windows updates and some games, I am now experiencing the issue above. When I am tabbed into a game, my CPU and GPU are barely being used...
  9. CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it?: Okay so I'm trying to install W10 and I'm having this "CompareExchange128" error. I've read that it means that the processor is not compatible with W10. My specs: motherboard is Intel DG33BU, and CPU is Q9550. Before I upgraded to this Q9550 CPU, I was running a E6750...
  10. Games / Other windows popping up over background when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games / Other windows popping up over background when alt tabbing: I'm having an issue that drives me insane. The best I can do is try to explain it. When I play any games. If I want to alt tab to desktop, I have to first alt tab to something else, then hit the show desktop tab. Once I do that, if I click ANYTHING ELSE RUNNING, like if I...