Windows 10: Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,...

Discus and support Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On two separate Bluetooth headsets I own, when a chat application is available the game and media audio from the system comes out of the "headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoleMMan, Feb 9, 2019.

1. GoleMMan Win User

Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,...

On two separate Bluetooth headsets I own, when a chat application is available the game and media audio from the system comes out of the "headset device" rather than the "headphones device" (eg. WX-1000XM3 Hands Free instead of WX-1000XM3 Stereo), while chat audio comes correctly out of both. Even disabling the headset devices doesn't fix the issue. No settings change on a per-application or default fix the issue either. Selecting one as default, changing the input one or any other settings combinations fix the issue.

Googling for it this seems quite rare, as I don't see many reports of similar behaviour. Any tips?

:)

GoleMMan, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Adam J Win User

Headphones Not Showing Up in Device Manager?

I have a Plantronics 400HS RIG headset. Audio comes out of the headset and I am able to use the microphone attached to the headset on games. However, when I go to the device manager to see my headset, it does not show up? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Adam J, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Wullail Win User
    chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

'normally' , for that sort of thing , IF it shows up as an audio device under 'playback devices', you make your game speakers the 'default' device and your headset the 'default communications device'.

Depends if the chat headset shows up in the list though.

Wullail, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,...

How do I add a headphone controller to Windows 10 audio playback devices?

Hi,

I have a Redragon Lagopasmutus (where do they get these names?) headset. Its great and works fine except that Windows 10 only lists a 'speakers' controller in the audio playback devices list.

The result is that when a sound plays from one side then only that specific speaker plays, for example, when playing a game and something happens to my right then I only hear it from the right side, the same goes for videos. This is
    fine for desk speakers since both ears can hear all speakers all the time, but with headphones it is disorientating since you literally only hear such a stereo sound only through one ear.

My laptop has Windows 8.1 and lists a headphone controller in the playback devices list. It therefore uses the headphones correctly. How can I get the same thing for Windows 10?

The best solution I have been able to come up with is to use Windows spatial sound, but that makes the audio in some games sound hollow and sort of like an echo. I turned off the HD audio controller in the BIOS but that disables sound
    and removes audio devices from the playback list. I also can't find drivers for the headset.

I have updated and checked Realtek and Nahimic 2+ but there doesn't seem to be an option to treat the output as headphones.

I have an MSI b150 Gaming M3 motherboard.

Is there any way to make Windows 10 have a headphone controller for audio output?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent Wood, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,...

1. Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,... - Similar Threads - Game media audio

2. LucidSound LS50X gaming headset not recognized as an audio playback device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LucidSound LS50X gaming headset not recognized as an audio playback device.: Got the headset a few days ago which was a direct upgrade from my LS35X. the 35x needed a wireless Bluetooth adapter to connect to my pc which does not come stock with built in Bluetooth whereas the 50x comes with its own dongle. the headset and dongle connect fine, problem...
  3. headphone audio device not showing

headphone audio device not showing: So, today i was planning to get on my PC to play Minecraft and the sound was coming from my built in speakers. i thought it was weird so i went to the panel to check if my output device was still there and it wasn't. I've restarted a few times but no luck. i would be happy if...
  4. Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset: My xbox game bar audio output device is set to my razer headset, but the audio comes out of my speakers instead. I unplugged and plugged back in my headset, and restarted my computer. I also tried unplugging my speakers, but then I have no audio. Everything else comes out of...
  5. Headphones as another audio device

Headphones as another audio device: Hello I've been trying to set up my headphones on my PC, for more ease of use. They work fine, I have no problem with that. I wanted to use SoundSwitch software to switch between them as audio output and my PC laptop speakers. I would like to avoid disconnecting them each...
  6. More than two audio devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than two audio devices: Is it possible to have more than 2 audio devices using windows? I don't mind utilizing software to do so. Thanks! submitted by /u/InTheManVan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i094pg/more_than_two_audio_devices/
  7. Audio only coming out left side on all devices

Audio only coming out left side on all devices: Just got a new pc and after downloading realtek audio driver all sound is coming out only the left. This is not an issue with the headphones, speakers or balance levels. I don’t know what to do now please help. submitted by /u/wg1224 [link] [comments]...
  8. Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device

Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device: Hello, I recently purchassed an Sony WH-1000mx3 wireless headset. I am currently trying to use it as playback device on my PC via Bluetooth. The headset is currently paired and connected, but does not appear as a choice of playback device. What i did so far, in no...
  9. Headset not acknowledged as Audio device

Headset not acknowledged as Audio device: (Latest version of Windows 10) -I'm in my PC's settings "Bluetooth & other devices" -Bluetooth headset shows up as "Paired" -Problem is: it shows up under "other devices", instead of under "Audio", so I can't actually get sound from my PC into my headset Anyone know how...
  10. Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset

Audio coming out speaker and headset but computer seeming not to read the headset: Ok, the title might sound confusing. But my audio is coming out both my speak and headset but my computer isn't able to read that my headset is there on device manager nor audio control panel. I have reinstalled my audio drivers multiple times and still no avail. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when is the new logitech headsets coming out?