Windows 10: Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available

Discus and support Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am trying for days now to get Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Assassines Creed 1 running on my PC. DA:O needs DirectX9 and AC1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GerGamer, May 9, 2020.

1. GerGamer Win User

Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available

Hi guys,

I am trying for days now to get Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Assassines Creed 1 running on my PC. DA:O needs DirectX9 and AC1 provides two executables one for DX9 one for DX10, both are not working.

The behavious is the same: Steam tries to load the game, a few seconds after that nothing happens anymore and there are no game processes running. Also there is no error message shown.

Windows 10 event monitor states an application crash within AC1 DX9 / D10 exe, respectively. For Dragon Age Origins the crashing part is the "DAOriginsConfig.exe", which is supposed to configure the game automatically depending on the PC Specs.

I tried almost everything, from running in Compatibility modes for Win XP SP3 and Win 7 which worked like a charm in the past on my old machine, to reinstalling Direct X9 via directx_june2010_redist.exe or the webhelper, uninstalling physX and installing PhysX Legacy driver, editing the game .ini file with minimal interfering settings ... but nothing helps. I also disabled Windows Defender the only anti virus tool I am using, which didnt change anything of the behavious described above. And I also checked Direct Play beeing enabled within Windows Legacy Functions list. It wasnt enabled in the first place, but after activation, there also was no change of the behaviour...

And now I am running out of ideas. :

I am using Windows 10 Pro, x64 Build 18362.778 1903/May 2019 Update. So since Steam usually installs ever driver the particular game needs, I rarely had problems playing the games. Nevertheless I checked the DirectX files and to me, they are where there supposed to be and as they supposed to be.

I am new in this forum, so I dont know how to upload files, so if my DXDiag is needed, please let me know.

My system specs are a bit overpowered for the above mentioned games, but in my eyes this cannot be that big of a deal, right?

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

Nvidia RTX 2080TI

32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM

Aorus Ultra x570 Wifi

[moved from German forums]

:)

GerGamer, May 9, 2020

2. Regions speech not available despite correct language pack install

The issue still remains unresolved, as English (Australia) simply does not show up in the list despite following all suggested steps to date (which I had done previously)

ChristopherWatson_46, May 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., May 9, 2020
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available - Similar Threads - Game App does

2. Steelserie x9

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Steelserie x9: Voila sur xbox le son du bluetooth est genial mais arriver sur pc il y a comme un son de renfermer et de distortion quelqun sais comment regler sa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steelserie-x9/368e8fd4-6327-4821-bc8b-ff85d357961c
  3. Steelserie x9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steelserie x9: Voila sur xbox le son du bluetooth est genial mais arriver sur pc il y a comme un son de renfermer et de distortion quelqun sais comment regler sa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steelserie-x9/368e8fd4-6327-4821-bc8b-ff85d357961c
  4. Steelserie x9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Android apps preview is not available in India despite having installed latest build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android apps preview is not available in India despite having installed latest build: I'm seeing news that Android apps are available for everyone on Twitter. I today installed KB5010414.I'm using Windows Insider Preview option in my Windows update settings.Some say it's only available in USA.So any idea why it isn't working in India? And if it's actually not...
  6. Task Scheduler does not recognize Excel app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler does not recognize Excel app: I have several apps that are started automatically on my pc using the TASK Scheduler without problems, but today I wanted to schedule an Excel app to startup on once a month. I entered the parameters the same as the other Task Scheduler apps that WORK. BUT when I tried to...
  7. Cursor speed increasing despite no direct user action

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor speed increasing despite no direct user action: I'm using a gamepad (DS4) to control my desktop experience on a HTPC, and yesterday I noticed my cursor speed seemed to increase on its own. The DS4 software I'm using does not have a setting to adjust cursor speed in a live setting, outside of its configuration options. It...
  8. Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game: I bought a game on the sore and it won't recognize my device to install it. I have: 1. added my device through settings as instructed. It is showing as listed. 2. Updated windows 3. Updated Microsoft Store per instructions 4. restarted my computer It still does not...
  9. Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available

in Windows 10 News
    Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While trying to watch a video on YouTube, Vimeo, etc., you might encounter an error – Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. The error blacks out the media window and you would be unable [...] This post Your browser...
  10. Logitech Gaming Software and recognizing Metro Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Gaming Software and recognizing Metro Apps: Greetings! A long lasting issue that is preventing me from using the Edge Browser is my love for my Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse which requires the Logitech Gaming Software for Profile switching functionality. Unlike the Logitech Options Software, being mainly...