Windows 10: Game App Removal

Discus and support Game App Removal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have purchased a new windows 10 device today, and am unable to remove the following - Candy Crush Saga Candy Crush Friends Saga Cooking Fever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CJLW, Apr 15, 2019.

1. CJLW Win User

Game App Removal

I have purchased a new windows 10 device today, and am unable to remove the following -

Candy Crush Saga

Candy Crush Friends Saga

Cooking Fever

I have tried everything to uninstall these but I'm stuck with apps I do not want. I have tried right clicking, uninstalling from control panel and removing the package from powershell, and none work,.

Please help me remove these ridiculous apps

:)

2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

Hi Henry,

If you are signed in to your Xbox account when playing the game, your game saves will be stored to the cloud storage. If you're playing the game without signing in your Xbox account, you can reset the game from Settings to remove your game saves. Let's try
    to isolate this issue so that we could find a way for you to remove your game data. Kindly perform the following steps below:

Step 1: Reset the game from Settings.

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the game.
    4. Click the game, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Step 2: Remove Temporary files on your computer.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select
      Storage
    3. Select This PC and click on
      Temporary files
    4. Select Temporary files.
    5. Click Remove files.
    6. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ariel Acu, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Game App Removal

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Game App Removal

1. Game App Removal - Similar Threads - Game App Removal

2. Removing Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Apps: I do use Micosoft windows, however I don't use Bing or Edge. I cannot unistall Adobe acrobat from a free trial. It is messing up my whole computer because I think alot was put in there. How do I get Bing, Edge and Acrobat off my Windows 10 PC?Thank You...
  3. Removing GT Arcade Gaming App again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing GT Arcade Gaming App again: Hi i cannot uninstall this darned thing from my PC, made the mistake of getting it for GoT Wic, assumed the dropping of flash games meant i couldnt play and it is quite a nice time killer without being P2P / w . I have tried the so called inbuilt uninstaller in the launchers...
  4. Removing a Xbox App installed game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing a Xbox App installed game: How can I successfully remove the folder for the MCC on the WindowsApp folder? I've already tried taking control of the folder, but whenever user I put as the owner, it just won't let me... The reason: Xbox App has bugged me out for the THIRD TIME! The first two I had my...
  5. removing xbox game bar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing xbox game bar app: just got a new system with win10 it came preinstalled with xbox game bar on it. I have tried removing it under add remove programs and it won't let me. some of its presetup keys in windows are the same as game commands i have for other games. I don't like the app and...
  6. app remove

app remove: IM TRYING TO REMOVE TOTALAV AND CANT JUST KEEPS COMING BACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-remove/9fdd11ef-46bb-45c0-bfda-cc737329c472
  7. Removing apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing apps: How can I remove apps I';; never use and don't want, such as voice recorder from Win10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-apps/d2e42a43-5e90-431d-9593-cfadf3eccdd7
  8. Removing the App

Removing the App: Guys..........anyone knows how to remove Candy Crush Soda Saga from my pc? It came up with an error code 0x80073cfa. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-app/f26f23e9-d24f-4da0-bb3d-8708cf500d35
  9. App removal

App removal: I am having lots of difficulty removing Groove music app off my laptop. I tried different things like window power shell and did not work! Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/app-removal/69df61f4-2c51-4ebd-bbcc-6f9e1bc0fdda
  10. Remove App

Remove App: I know how to unpin an app icon from the start screen, but how do you delete it from the menu list or your account? 18896