Windows 10: game audio not working

Discus and support game audio not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, my game audio randomly stopped working last night. it works for youtube and zoom meetings and everything else but games. I originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YungSwagga2013, Dec 4, 2020.

1. game audio not working

For some reason, my game audio randomly stopped working last night. it works for youtube and zoom meetings and everything else but games. I originally thought it was just Minecraft but then the same thing started happening with Among Us and Rocket League. I checked volume manager and everything was normal. Anyone know what might be the cause of this?

submitted by /u/YungSwagga2013
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YungSwagga2013, Dec 4, 2020

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2020
  4. game audio not working

Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

game audio not working

1. game audio not working - Similar Threads - game audio working

2. windows audio not working in game but normal windows audio works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows audio not working in game but normal windows audio works.: hi i am having issues where in game after some time the audio cuts out i contacted microsoft about this issue but it still has not been solved the audio works at the start when i restart the game but after a while it cuts out windows sounds works absolutely fine i can hear...
  3. windows audio not working in game but normal windows audio works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows audio not working in game but normal windows audio works.: hi i am having issues where in game after some time the audio cuts out i contacted microsoft about this issue but it still has not been solved the audio works at the start when i restart the game but after a while it cuts out windows sounds works absolutely fine i can hear...
  4. Game audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game audio problem: Hello! So I can hear all the audio on my laptop fine but when I open the game Valorant, I can even hear the music in the game lobby fine, I cannot hear any of the in-game audio. I mean, I can hear the music in the game lobby but when the main game starts I cannot hear the...
  5. Game audio stops working on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Game audio stops working on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Games are one thing that attracts users to Windows PC. However, we can shy away from the fact that, time and again, our PCs tend to have some sort of issues related to the game. As of late, many users have complained that Game audio stops working on their computer in...
  6. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine: On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix this? submitted by /u/hugo823 [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox game bar audio mix not working

Xbox game bar audio mix not working: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/6dp321rde4o41.jpg?width=1357&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8da05458acc13cbe524324ff7555d6b522d61b90 Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as...
  8. Game Bar Audio Not Working

Game Bar Audio Not Working: When I join a party from PC, I can hear the people in my party for about 10 seconds and then after that the audio gets cut out. The overlay shows I’m still talking but I can’t hear anyone in the party. Is there any potential fix to this or is it a big? submitted by...
  9. No audio in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio in games: So, I've been having this problem for a while now, and it's up to the point where it's just irritating. There is no audio in Microsoft games or Steam games at ALL. However, if I were to plug in my headsets, the audio plays. If I take it back out, it doesn't play anything. I...
  10. Audio not working for certain games/apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working for certain games/apps: I've had this problem for a while, for about 6 or so months. Every so often, while i was playing games, my audio would start to bug out, play some loud frequencies, and completely stop. At first, I though it was a problem with Discord on my computer, but after talking to...