Windows 10: Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games

Discus and support Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have an issue where while playing games if i use game bar or adjust my volume my fps drops to 0 and freezes for a couple of seconds. Also my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xiGAUGEix, Jan 30, 2019.

1. xiGAUGEix Win User

Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games

Hi

I have an issue where while playing games if i use game bar or adjust my volume my fps drops to 0 and freezes for a couple of seconds. Also my mouse cursor disappears then reappear when i pause any game. I been dealing with this for a couple of weeks now. I dont have any problems running my games until i use those tools. My most demanding game my cpu and gpu usage is around 80% and my temps are in mid 50c. Please if anyone any can help me it would be very much appreciated.

SPECS

Windows 10 OS

i5 8600k

Asrock z370 killer sli/ac

Rtx 2080

32g DDR4

:)

xiGAUGEix, Jan 30, 2019

2. Game bar pop up while adjusting the volume

Original Title[GAME BAR ]

In Windows 10, when adjusting the volume, something pops up asking me 'do you want to open the game bar?'

As I'm not playing computer games but watching youtubes or facebook posts, I want this question to stop popping up.

Can anyone tell me where to switch this game bar question setting OFF?

Kind regards,

Frans Super

FransSuper, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games

Game bar pop up while adjusting the volume

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting game bar pop up while adjusting the volume.

Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the Microsoft account to test if that helps with this issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to perform Clean boot and check if it helps:

Cleanboot

Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer
    as usual.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games

1. Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games - Similar Threads - Game bar adjusting

2. Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.: Recently my Xbox Game Bar app has started freezing when I open it either in game or just on my desktop. It opens for about 30 seconds and in that time I can't navigate it or even close it. It closes by itself after about 30 seconds. I've tried the repair and reset options but...
  3. Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.: Recently my Xbox Game Bar app has started freezing when I open it either in game or just on my desktop. It opens for about 30 seconds and in that time I can't navigate it or even close it. It closes by itself after about 30 seconds. I've tried the repair and reset options but...
  4. Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.: Hello, For months now I have been playing a game that uses Xbox game bar and when I get invites from friends I get my eardrums burst by the notification. At first I just lowered the volume of Xbox game bar in my volume controller panel. I was surprised that the next time I...
  5. Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar: Recording only allows me to record my own voice and the game, how do i set it to allow other peoples voices to be recorded as well played league of legends and only my voice recorded Thanks in Advance...
  6. Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar

Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar: Is there a way to control chat volume on Xbox party at Xbox game bar? Changing volume to "Xbox game bar" at sound mixer doesn´t do anything. Some people have an extremely loud microphone and controlling either the whole party volume or each party member individually would be...
  7. game bar volume control overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  8. Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer: Before I go into details do not suggest: Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page OK,...
  9. Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar: Hello, I am trying the game bar and it is working well. Only problem is that while I am recording my screen and my voice, I can't hear the game music anymore although we can hear it in the game footage afterwards. I want to be able to hear the games music in my headphones...
  10. My Games Are freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Games Are freezing: Hello Guys, So Every time I play a game the games constantly freezes for 3 seconds and continues to be fine again after 1min does the same thing Any help PLS? 92590

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjusting windows volume in game