Windows 10: Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

Discus and support Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FraughtMovie0, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the Game Bar that allowed me to record games. Great. It just didn't update (it always got a "Something unexpected happened" prompt with "Code: 0x80073D0D"). However, more recently, a different app titled "Game Bar" appeared (I assume this is the new version). Problem is, the "Xbox Game bar" still requests an update. It's very annoying and have a suspicion one is not letting the other operate properly. I cannot uninstall it from the Settings and I have no idea under what name it's under in Control Panel (if it is even in Control Panel). Is there a solution? Which is the real one?

Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating. 0cb0727d-4f81-4329-9e16-26889bd4f12c?upload=true.png Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating. 360a4128-8140-431d-b909-c7a923c0f5e0?upload=true.png Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating. 18f5e67b-4453-4063-b0c3-83b835403ad7?upload=true.png

:)

FraughtMovie0, Nov 1, 2018

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Xbox game bar keeps updating

Has anyone had this? On one pc the Xbox game bar keeps getting listed as an update in the store app, I always have automatically update apps turned off, preferring to check and install updates manually. Last few days I often open store app and see a ‘1’ in the top corner and it’s invariably Xbox game bar. I click to update it and it does its thing in a jiffy. Then I’ll do a manual check for app updates. It will say everything is up to date. But then it’ll be back usually the following day! The reliability history never shows it listed as a successful update or unsuccessful. The app actually updated officially I think sometime last week. So it’s like a phantom update that keeps happening periodically over and over! Launching a game like solitaire wakes the bar up to confirm its working ok

But this is a weird quirk in 1803. We don’t have it happen on our other machine but instead have a similar quirk with another app ‘mobile plans’ (not that we use it ever).

Scottyboy99, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Gamebar is not to work properly.
    Here are steps on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10:

1. If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your Game bar settings. Open the Xbox app,
    and select Settings > Game DVR and make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game bar is On.

2. If Game bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start
    recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the screen flash when the recording starts and ends.

3. If the Windows logo key isn’t working during a game, the game may be blocking it. To create your own keyboard shortcuts for Game bar, choose the Xbox app, then select Settings > Game
    DVR
    > Keyboard shortcuts and set your own.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check for new Windows Updates and install the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

If your customized shortcuts are not working, you may also check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

1. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating. - Similar Threads - Game Bar Xbox

2. Xbox game bar update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar update: I wanted to get updates for my apps so I used the get updates button and as soon as it got to the xbox game bar , it started 'downloading' and hasn't made any progress. The update has been 'downloading' for a week now....
  3. Xbox game bar update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar update: I wanted to get updates for my apps so I used the get updates button and as soon as it got to the xbox game bar , it started 'downloading' and hasn't made any progress. The update has been 'downloading' for a week now....
  4. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar: cant record in xbox game bar for some reason, checked settings and turned this onbut it still shows this, any methods to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/55f80714-aee6-49d0-b2a7-46d8b72161a8
  5. xbox game bar

xbox game bar: cant record in xbox game bar for some reason, checked settings and turned this onbut it still shows this, any methods to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/55f80714-aee6-49d0-b2a7-46d8b72161a8
  6. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox game bar: I was capturing a video using xbox game bar. My internet became unstable so the capture stopped. it showed an error. How can i recover the footage. I am hoping it is in some temp folder. Please help...
  7. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar: Hi, Sorry i didn't make it clear enough! When i type winver in cmd it says: version 2004 OS build 1904.685 and so on. What i mean by worse quality is its quite hard to describe that it has a very BIG differance from my microphone quality and the windows game bar quality....
  8. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: I am recording gameplays on from xbox game bar but i want that my recording could include my cursor so that it can appear. Please Tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/a81b228f-eb45-4dc1-b96c-49466a25ab19
  9. Xbox Game Bar

Xbox Game Bar: Is anyone else running into the problem of joining xbox friends through the "join game/invited to game" button? Been playing sea of thieves and every now and then I have to end task on the Game Bar to fix my issue, which is pretty annoying....
  10. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar: I am running the latest Windows build 1909 with all updates and all my Microsoft Apps updated from the Microsoft Store. In the Xbox game bar I only see CPU, GPU and RAM under the metrics. I do not see FPS at all. Like it is not even there. I tried repairing the app and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing xbox game bar

2. xbox game bar 0x80073d0d

3. xbox game bar plugin 0x80073d0d

4. game bar and xbox game bar?,
  5. game bar will not download error: code: 0x80073d0d,
  6. xbox game bar not updating,
  7. game bar and xbox game bar,
  8. game bar vs xbox game bar,
  9. xbox game bar game bar