Windows 10: Game bar audio keeps resetting back to 100. How do I make it stay at what I set?

Discus and support Game bar audio keeps resetting back to 100. How do I make it stay at what I set? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I play games. So if I open up call of duty, open up the game bar, and set it to 30 percent volume, great. But when i reopen the game, it's at 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/samissleman17, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Game bar audio keeps resetting back to 100. How do I make it stay at what I set?

I play games. So if I open up call of duty, open up the game bar, and set it to 30 percent volume, great.

But when i reopen the game, it's at 100 again. Same thing for every game or program. What's the point of the game bar if it doesn't remember your audio settings?

submitted by /u/samissleman17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/samissleman17, Mar 23, 2020

2. How to make sure Game Bar only records game audio, and not audio from other apps?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to record the in game audio only and mute the audio from other apps.

You can change the game bar settings to record only the game audio. To do that follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key +
      G to launch Game Bar.
    2. Click on Settings (Gear icon).
    3. Click on Capturing.
    4. Under Recording, select the check box for
      Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    5. Under Audio to Record, select the Radio button for
      Game. (If you are still unable to get Audio, select the Radio button to All).

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Game bar audio keeps resetting back to 100. How do I make it stay at what I set?

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Game bar audio keeps resetting back to 100. How do I make it stay at what I set?

1. Game bar audio keeps resetting back to 100. How do I make it stay at what I set? - Similar Threads - Game bar audio

2. How do I make the setting I want on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the setting I want on the taskbar?: The first screenshot at the top I took is my task barbut if you look carefully I want it this way, can you help if I ask how I can do it all this way one by one I have marked?...
  3. How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?: How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-toggling-full-screen-not-set-my/e21c239e-9080-4dac-b3e5-0a3a641ea1bb
  4. How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?: How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-toggling-full-screen-not-set-my/e21c239e-9080-4dac-b3e5-0a3a641ea1bb
  5. How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?: Someone please help me. My Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ARE 05 81 Windows 10 thinks that I have had multiple monitors attached to it. I have not and it's gone crazy. In Windows everything is almost normal but the font is very small. On the web everything is huge with tiny font....
  6. How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_ara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kslaz1/how_do_i_make_this_go_back_to_the_way_it_was/
  7. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reset my computer back to factory settings: I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it. How do I do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-back-to-factory/c340b07b-66d5-4272-90f6-7f2bbacc0590
  8. How do I know what to keep before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I know what to keep before resetting?: Hello. because of certain circumstances, I need to do a Windows reset as fast as possible. I want to back up only files that are not apps, and that will not be re-installed. I think... the thing is I don't quite know what I want to back up and where to find it. if I make...
  9. My microphone level setting keep resetting itself to 100 (How Do I Fix This?)

My microphone level setting keep resetting itself to 100 (How Do I Fix This?): So I have been experiencing this problem for awhile now and it gets really annoying. My level settings on my main microphone keep getting changed to random numbers (only recently has it been resetting to 100). I usually keep it at 79 so I don't ear rape people I am in a call...
  10. How do I make 100% transparent Taskbar

How do I make 100% transparent Taskbar: I already had the 100% transparent taskbar without any programs. But suddenly the option disappeared and the taskbar turned color again (5% transparent) How do I make the taskbar transparent without programs? submitted by /u/Hioreh [link] [comments]...