Windows 10: Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist

Discus and support Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to enable background recording to record last 30secs or so when gaming. But the Background recording on the Capture tab doesn't exist like for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeividasRiabčinskis, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist

I want to enable background recording to record last 30secs or so when gaming. But the Background recording on the Capture tab doesn't exist like for others it does. What do I do?

:)

DeividasRiabčinskis, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows cursor appears while using Game Bar to record gameplay

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that Windows cursor appears on the screen while you are using Game Bar to record gameplay.

As you have mentioned that when turn off Game Bare the issue stops, in this case, we can try changing some settings in Game Bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Under Background recording, toggle the switch to right for
      Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    4. Try recording the game now.

For additional information, you can refer
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist

How to make sure Game Bar only records game audio, and not audio from other apps?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to record the in game audio only and mute the audio from other apps.

You can change the game bar settings to record only the game audio. To do that follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key +
      G to launch Game Bar.
    2. Click on Settings (Gear icon).
    3. Click on Capturing.
    4. Under Recording, select the check box for
      Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    5. Under Audio to Record, select the Radio button for
      Game. (If you are still unable to get Audio, select the Radio button to All).

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist

1. Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist - Similar Threads - Game bar Capture

2. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  3. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  4. Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone

Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone: I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. I use the windows game bar for background recording for 30-second clips but the thing never records my microphone. My microphone is enabled in sound settings, the game bar is allowed to access my microphone in the windows...
  5. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  6. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  7. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size: Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner of the space it plays in. This wasn't always the case, it started happening several months ago. It only happens for video...
  8. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  9. Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record

Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record: I recently attempted to record a lengthy screen capture ~2 hours using Game Bar's Capture feature. I ensured only one window was open so that it would record the correct content, and I also checked that the audio devices were selected properly so that my PC's internal audio...
  10. Game Bar DVR doesn’t record in the background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar DVR doesn’t record in the background: I use Samsung's 49 inch Ultra-wide monitor to run games. However, my Game Bar DVR stopped recording in the background. I had used different monitor before and didn’t notice this problem. Currently I can start recording and stop it and have a video in the proper resolution....