Windows 10: Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

Discus and support Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mikhail Ireland, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner of the space it plays in. This wasn't always the case, it started happening several months ago. It only happens for video clips, not screenshots. This issue occurs both in the Xbox Console Companion and in Game Bar. Has this happened to anyone else? Can it be fixed?

:)

Mikhail Ireland, Jul 30, 2021

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 30, 2021
  3. CurtF27 Win User
    Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record

I recently attempted to record a lengthy screen capture (~2 hours) in a Chrome browser using Game Bar's Capture feature. I ensured only one window was open so that it would record the correct content, and I also checked that the audio device was selected properly
    so that my PC's internal audio would be captured. Prior to recording, I ran a test using the exact same conditions and everything worked properly. However, after recording the real session, the video file that was saved has no audio at all when played back,
    despite my test not having this problem and the fact that I was able to hear everything properly in real-time. I immediately ran another test without changing any settings, and audio was recorded properly in the same window that I had just used. Any idea why
    this might have occurred?

CurtF27, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS

Hello, a couple days ago I've been able to use to the game bar without any problems. I have recorded game play and the recordings were saved onto my computer in its true resolution (1920x1080). Now whenever I record my game play the recordings are saved
    with a weird resolution. The recording has been shrinked and moved to the top left corner of the screen with a large black bar on the bottom and right of the screen. I can see the whole game play but the game play is just shrinked for some reason. How can
    I fix this issue and save my recordings in its actual size which is full screen. I have tried many things to fix this. I tried updating the xbox game bar app, I tried resetting the app, I tried repairing the app. I think what caused this is the latest windows
    2004 update. I updated windows a couple days ago. I also have the game bar capture settings to 60fps and High video quality. I don't understand what caused this issue with the captured videos.

Jorge_1999, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

1. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size - Similar Threads - Game Bar captures

2. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  3. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  4. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  5. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  6. Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.: I'm currently facing a similar issue as to this user: Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size - Microsoft CommunityOriginally it should be full window size the game MultiMC uses window preset at 854x480, but it isn't. What happened?Device: Surface Pro 7OS: Windows...
  7. Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.

Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.: I'm currently facing a similar issue as to this user: Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size - Microsoft CommunityOriginally it should be full window size the game MultiMC uses window preset at 854x480, but it isn't. What happened?Device: Surface Pro 7OS: Windows...
  8. Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist: I want to enable background recording to record last 30secs or so when gaming. But the Background recording on the Capture tab doesn't exist like for others it does. What do I do?...
  9. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  10. Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record

Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record: I recently attempted to record a lengthy screen capture ~2 hours using Game Bar's Capture feature. I ensured only one window was open so that it would record the correct content, and I also checked that the audio devices were selected properly so that my PC's internal audio...