Windows 10: Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns

Discus and support Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using the Game Bar to record something I'm doing on a website, because the Game Bar appears to be the only facility in Windows to record a screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thanatica, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Thanatica Win User

Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns

I'm using the Game Bar to record something I'm doing on a website, because the Game Bar appears to be the only facility in Windows to record a screen capture. So I just noticed that it doesn't record the menu of dropdown elements, even though they definitely appear on screen.

How can I make it record them as well?

:)

Thanatica, Oct 29, 2018
  2. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns

1. Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns - Similar Threads - Game Bar doesn't

2. Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore: Game bar doesn't seem to capture audio anymore when using the 'record previous minute' feature. I have never encountered this issue before. In Settings > Gaming > Captures, 'Record audio when I record a game' is still enabled, and in the Game bar, audio capturing is set to...
  3. [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly: Hello,My background recording is set to 3 minutes, but when I try to record those past "3 minutes", it only records random amount below 1 minute.Windows 10, all updates, I did the troubleshooting, game dvr is not losing any memory always around 1200mb.This problem happens no...
  4. [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly: Hello,My background recording is set to 3 minutes, but when I try to record those past "3 minutes", it only records random amount below 1 minute.Windows 10, all updates, I did the troubleshooting, game dvr is not losing any memory always around 1200mb.This problem happens no...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  6. game bar recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game bar recorder: when I record a game with game bar the record isn't in full screen how to fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recorder/2ac90bf0-b3a6-4984-92aa-5500d3956916
  7. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Recording: Is there a way to remove only a voiceover but leave the game sound once the video is already recorded? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Cesarone11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrm6lh/game_bar_recording/
  8. Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes: I use Record That on Game Bar quite a bit, and I have it set to record the last 10 minutes. This used to work fine, but lately it seems to have trouble hitting the 10 minute mark reliably. Sometimes it does, but often it stops at anywhere from 6-9 minutes. It's especially...
  9. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar Recording: A few days ago I recorded my screen using the game bar. Today I went to record and the settings said my computer didn't meet the hardware requirements. I downloaded an app and the screen record feature didn't work either. The app and gamebar recorder worked on my other...
  10. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Recording: Game recording makes the screen and resulting video stutter - any way to stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recording/38f7184c-8392-426b-b5ce-901c7450793f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox game bar doesnt record menus

2. game bar drop down list

3. screen recorder doesnt show drop down menus in video

4. game bar not recording drop downs