Windows 10: Game bar doesnt work on games

Discus and support Game bar doesnt work on games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today when I wanted to record game footage for youtube I kept on pressing the shortcut key to open game bar but it wasnt opening. I closed the games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LBPaswan, Mar 27, 2020.

1. LBPaswan Win User

Game bar doesnt work on games

Today when I wanted to record game footage for youtube I kept on pressing the shortcut key to open game bar but it wasnt opening. I closed the games and pressed it in settings and surprisingly it opened.

I dont understand the use if the game bar doesnt show up in games. Please help me with it

:)

LBPaswan, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Game bar wont work for certain games?

Hi,

There are several possible explanations as to why the Game bar is not working with some of your games. Here's a list of the common factors:

• An incorrect configuration of the Xbox app settings
    • Compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC
    • An outdated version of the game
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Incompatible hardware
    • The device doesn't meet the game requirements.

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the affected games?
    • From which site have you downloaded the affected games?

Meanwhile, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . Issues in accessing Xbox app features can be resolved by this troubleshooter.

Additional troubleshooting solutions on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10 are provided on this

link

Catherine Cus., Mar 27, 2020
  4. Game bar doesnt work on games

Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Game bar doesnt work on games

1. Game bar doesnt work on games - Similar Threads - Game bar doesnt

2. "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar: When I select this close the game bar and reopen it, it doesn't stay selected.I have an AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D processor that works with the game bar to assign the right cores when playing games and I need to use this feature on some games that aren't recognized automatically by...
  3. "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Remember this is a game" not working in Game Bar: When I select this close the game bar and reopen it, it doesn't stay selected.I have an AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D processor that works with the game bar to assign the right cores when playing games and I need to use this feature on some games that aren't recognized automatically by...
  4. Old game doesnt work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old game doesnt work: hello, I am on windows 10 and I was trying to run an old game that was made for windows 98/xp I plugged in a cd drive and installed the game perfectly but when I try to launch it it tells me to launch with admin perms but when I run as administrator nothing happens pls help...
  5. Old game doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game doesnt work: hello, I am on windows 10 and I was trying to run an old game that was made for windows 98/xp I plugged in a cd drive and installed the game perfectly but when I try to launch it it tells me to launch with admin perms but when I run as administrator nothing happens pls help...
  6. Old game doesnt work

7. Game bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar not working: My Win+g isn't enabling game bar. I found out that its because game bar isnt enabled. However when I try to enable it, it doesn't save. I've tried enabling it, closing the window, restarting my pc, doesn't work. I've tried the same process but not closing the window, won't...
  8. Game bar not working

Game bar not working: My Win+g isn't enabling game bar. I found out that its because game bar isnt enabled. However when I try to enable it, it doesn't save. I've tried enabling it, closing the window, restarting my pc, doesn't work. I've tried the same process but not closing the window, won't...
  9. Game bar is working but....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar is working but....: [ATTACH] So i got a new computer for gaming and i wanted to open up game bar, but when i open it, all it shows is this (picture below) instead of the real game bar, where is shows xbox chat, people, parties, and sound. does anybody know how i can get the actual game bar?...
  10. Games doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games doesnt work: Hello I have this problem, when I open any game its all okay but when I get to the main menu of the game it just freezes then black screen and minimizes to desktop, I can still hear game sounds. If I click on the game icon nothing happens. This thing started out of nowhere......