Windows 10: (Game Bar Issue) Windows Cursor keeps appearing over game tab when playing with Controller

Discus and support (Game Bar Issue) Windows Cursor keeps appearing over game tab when playing with Controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using Game Bar to record clips to share with my friends on Xbox ever since I switched to playing Destiny 2 on PC in January. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EasyWonderful, Sep 12, 2019.

1. (Game Bar Issue) Windows Cursor keeps appearing over game tab when playing with Controller

I have been using Game Bar to record clips to share with my friends on Xbox ever since I switched to playing Destiny 2 on PC in January. I have continued to use my Xbox controller. In the last couple of months, the Windows cursor has started to randomly appear on-screen. I am playing in full-screen. I tried turning off my mouse (a simple Dell Bluetooth device) in case it was something related to it, but it continued to appear. If I play with mouse and keyboard, it doesn't occur (the cursor remains the in-game cursor). After updating every driver I could think of, I decided to try turning off Game Bar. The issue stopped. While I can continue to make clips and screenshots if I use Nvidia overlay, I've lost the benefit of easily sharing items with my Xbox friends and joining them in party chats.

:)

EasyWonderful, Sep 12, 2019

2. Title bar appearing while playing a Microsoft Store game

Hi,

There are a lot of potential reasons why taskbar or title bar keeps on appearing while playing game. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Issues with using game controlers while playing Need for speed game on windows 10.

Hi Grimmey,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with using Game controller while playing game on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in game settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "get a joystick or wheel to run in 2010 Need for speed hot pursuit", are you facing any issues while playing other game using through game controllers?
    • Which game controllers are you using on the computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. It will check for any hardware change in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issues in
    using Game controller while playing game on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 12, 2019
  4. (Game Bar Issue) Windows Cursor keeps appearing over game tab when playing with Controller

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

(Game Bar Issue) Windows Cursor keeps appearing over game tab when playing with Controller

1. (Game Bar Issue) Windows Cursor keeps appearing over game tab when playing with Controller - Similar Threads - Game Bar Issue

2. the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .: good morning everyone.i am having a problem with my windows 11 task bar , when i open games or programs in full screen or borderless window which both cover the entire screen the task bar isnt hiding it self like before there is a option in the settings to make the task bar...
  3. the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .: good morning everyone.i am having a problem with my windows 11 task bar , when i open games or programs in full screen or borderless window which both cover the entire screen the task bar isnt hiding it self like before there is a option in the settings to make the task bar...
  4. BSOD Appear when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Appear when playing games: Hi,Bsod appear in pc and it's really an annoying problem,So the bsod appears mostly playing an online game like dota 2 and genshin, but I can play more than an hours when playing offline games. It also appear even if just browsing on my pc and the internet. I already update...
  5. BSOD Appear when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Appear when playing games: Hi,Bsod appear in pc and it's really an annoying problem,So the bsod appears mostly playing an online game like dota 2 and genshin, but I can play more than an hours when playing offline games. It also appear even if just browsing on my pc and the internet. I already update...
  6. BSOD Appear when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. XBox Game Bar Not Appearing In Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Game Bar Not Appearing In Game: Hi Does Someone Know Why XBox Game Bar Is Not Appearing?Game: Rocket LeagueResolution: 600x800GPU: Intel Graphics 620Computer: Surface Pro 5Hi i need help making Xbox Game Bar appear so i can record game, i dont want to change my resolution or my game will have really low...
  8. Controller issues when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller issues when gaming: This is a PC. This issue back dates a little, I had a thruster to play Forza Horizon 3 and 4 on a few months back. It all worked fine until one day I turned the game on and the second I’d press the accelerator, the car would be stuck going forward. If I were to steer whilst...
  9. Keep crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep crashing when playing games: Hi! I've just built a new pc, but unfortunately it keeps crashing 5-10 minutes into games. I've tested both my CPU and GPU with stress-tests and benchmarks, with no problems at all.. Can you help enlighten me? :) Hardware issue: Kilde Windows Oversigt Hardwarefejl...
  10. Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game: I am having this problem playing Backspin Billiards (RealArcade) for the last several weeks. RealArcade has suggested a litany of fixes, none of which has worked, such as: Windows 10 automatically sets the system DPI to 150%. If you manually turn it back down to 100%,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game bar windows 10 controller mouse pointer

2. Windows cursor shows while recording games using Game bar