Windows 10: Game bar microphone audio quality

Discus and support Game bar microphone audio quality in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to record my own screen, including the microphone, it sounds awful. Tons of white noise, tinny sounding voice, it sounds like screeching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by danielbozi, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Game bar microphone audio quality

When I try to record my own screen, including the microphone, it sounds awful. Tons of white noise, tinny sounding voice, it sounds like screeching sometimes. I'm using a Logitech G933 that records my voice perfectly using other softwares, so I know it is not the microphone OBS, Discord, video editing softwares. The settings of the gamebar is set to record from the headset and not any other sound source.How can I solve this?

:)

danielbozi, Sep 15, 2021

2. Better audio quality settings in game bar?

Hello Everyone,

I'm using game bar for the 1st time and i have a question about the audio quality. Is there a way to get past 192kbps? I really want that pristine, raw audio quality that i'm looking for when i record/edit my content. If not, can you suggest programs to
    me that record in high-definition?

Thanks,

SpartaLazerz, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Game bar microphone audio quality

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game audio is choppy in the recording. This generally happens when the recording is not ended correctly. We can try restarting the service for Game bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
      keys together to open Task Manager.
    3. Click on More details.
    4. Look for BcastDVRUserService, and click on
      End Task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

You can change the settings how the audio is recorded and see if that helps in resolving the Audio issue. Please navigate to
    Settings (Windows key + I) >> Gaming >> Captures >> Recorded audio. You can change the Audio quality, and change the Microphone and System volume.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Game bar microphone audio quality

1. Game bar microphone audio quality - Similar Threads - Game bar microphone

2. Xbox game bar is reducing my audio quality.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar is reducing my audio quality.: Xbox game bar on computer is only using my headphone's built in mic and not my separate mic. This is causing my headphone audio quality to drop significantly since the mic is on. I've tried so much and called a lot of people and nothing works. My friend is also having the...
  3. Xbox game bar is reducing my audio quality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar is reducing my audio quality.: Xbox game bar on computer is only using my headphone's built in mic and not my separate mic. This is causing my headphone audio quality to drop significantly since the mic is on. I've tried so much and called a lot of people and nothing works. My friend is also having the...
  4. Game Audio Quality

Game Audio Quality: Ever since I launched the game "Halo: Reach" from steam, every time I open a game, my audio quality on my Bluetooth headphones becomes very poor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-audio-quality/29b119cd-fcc1-49bb-bef6-7ddd03584ec9
  5. Game Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Audio Quality: Ever since I launched the game "Halo: Reach" from steam, every time I open a game, my audio quality on my Bluetooth headphones becomes very poor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-audio-quality/29b119cd-fcc1-49bb-bef6-7ddd03584ec9
  6. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  7. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  8. Xbox game bar mic quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar mic quality: Hi, this is in reply to Aditya Roy's post on December 11, 2020 Sorry i didn't make it clear enough! When i type winver in cmd it says: version 2004 OS build 1904.685 and so on. What i mean by worse quality is its quite hard to describe that it has a very BIG differance from...
  9. Poor quality of internal microphone RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor quality of internal microphone RealtekR Audio: In using Skype and Zoom, it is complained that quality is poor with low level sound and static noise in the background . If I use my Microsoft Life Chat LX3000 there is no complaint. I have checked both microphones on Sound settings and on the internal, it barely shows...
  10. Game bar microphone quality is terrible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar microphone quality is terrible: Windows 10 recorder, discord, etc. records perfect my microphone. But Game Bar adds a sound llikeinterferences when I record the microphone. I am 100% sure it is not the microphone because all the other programs can record it perfectly. How can I solve this? Thank you....