Windows 10: Game bar microphone quality is terrible

Discus and support Game bar microphone quality is terrible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 recorder, discord, etc. records perfect my microphone. But Game Bar adds a sound llikeinterferences when I record the microphone. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GuepardRT, Sep 20, 2019.

1. GuepardRT Win User

Game bar microphone quality is terrible

Windows 10 recorder, discord, etc. records perfect my microphone.

But Game Bar adds a sound llikeinterferences when I record the microphone. I am 100% sure it is not the microphone because all the other programs can record it perfectly.

How can I solve this?

Thank you.

:)

GuepardRT, Sep 20, 2019
  2. AxAffect Win User

Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I think something must have changed with the Creator's Update. My Game DVR mic quality was really good before the update, and now it sounds terrible. Seems to only affect USB microphones though because I also tried it with an analog mic, and the quality
    was good. Updating my USB mic drivers didn't help.

Game DVR is the only program that is affected for me. All other recording software with my USB mic works as expected.

AxAffect, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you further:

• Were you able to use the Microphone option earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

To access the Microphone you will need to change the permissions which app can access the Microphone. To do that, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Privacy.
    3. Click on Microphone.
    4. Toggle the switch to on for Allow apps to access the Microphone.
    5. Scroll down and toggle the switch to on for
      Xbox
      and Xbox Game Bar.
    6. Now, press Windows key + G, to open
      Game Bar.

For more information on troubleshooting Game Bar, please refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Game bar microphone quality is terrible

Bluetooth Sound Quality is Terrible

thanks for @Maximus2016 on the
    lenovo support forums
    I've fixed my problem!

• Right click the speaker icon in the system tray by the clock
      • Click 'Playback devices'
    • Change the default to the 'headphones'

the lenovo support link has screen shots, fyi.

"Some bluetooth devices have
    2 modes: Regular listening device and a "handsfree" mode where you can use both the audio and microphone. If you somehow got switched to
    handsfree mode, then the audio quality will be much worse since some of the
    bluetooth bandwidth will be taken up for the microphone."

Mike DePouw, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Game bar microphone quality is terrible

1. Game bar microphone quality is terrible - Similar Threads - Game bar microphone

2. All headphones have terrible quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All headphones have terrible quality: I just bought new headphones for 20 dollars from koss, but my audio quality is still terrible.I bought some very very cheap headphones and they sounded accordingly, when watching videos with music in background, the music was normal but the voices i could hear, but after i...
  3. All headphones have terrible quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    All headphones have terrible quality: I just bought new headphones for 20 dollars from koss, but my audio quality is still terrible.I bought some very very cheap headphones and they sounded accordingly, when watching videos with music in background, the music was normal but the voices i could hear, but after i...
  4. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  5. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  6. Game bar microphone audio quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar microphone audio quality: When I try to record my own screen, including the microphone, it sounds awful. Tons of white noise, tinny sounding voice, it sounds like screeching sometimes. I'm using a Logitech G933 that records my voice perfectly using other softwares, so I know it is not the microphone...
  7. my boot screen is in terrible quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    my boot screen is in terrible quality: so a while ago my boot screen has been in terrible quality here is what it looks like https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/ma8eml/windows_boot_screen_is_in_really_low_quality/ and yes i did ask reddit first. ive ran many anti virus scans with avast windows defender etc,...
  8. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar mic quality terrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar mic quality terrible: Hi I am very confused because whenever I talk with my friends in an xbox party on Windows game bar they say that there is terrible static which occurs even when my mic is muted. I have tried reinstalling and changing my settings but nothing will change the terrible quality....
  9. Xbox game bar mic quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar mic quality: Hi, this is in reply to Aditya Roy's post on December 11, 2020 Sorry i didn't make it clear enough! When i type winver in cmd it says: version 2004 OS build 1904.685 and so on. What i mean by worse quality is its quite hard to describe that it has a very BIG differance from...
  10. Game bar, microphone sounds terrible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar, microphone sounds terrible: is there a fix for the terrible sounding microphone when using the game bar. it sounds like i use an cheap microphone from the 1950's, all raspy and afoul. using the same microphone with the same settings using a tc-heliocon goxlr usb audio interface on all other programs i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game bar microphone quality

2. xbox game bar mic quality bad

3. Windows 10 game bar party audio is terrible

4. xbox game bar voice chat quality,
  5. microphone problem windows 10 quality is ba,
  6. xbox game bar mic sound bad,
  7. game bar audio quality terrible,
  8. windows game bar is terrible,
  9. windows dvr mic quility is bad