Windows 10: Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g

Discus and support Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've done everything that is on Microsoft but nothing works, i've put my microphone as my default device and made sure it is on recording, made sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erick Cornejo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g

I've done everything that is on Microsoft but nothing works, i've put my microphone as my default device and made sure it is on recording, made sure the audio recording is set to all, i've looked for a bcastdvruserservice and for me it is nowhere to be found unless its from previous updates, the only time it works is if I turn on recording, disable my microphone then enable it, but it is only for that moment/game im on, if i am on halo then switch to another game and save a recording from the last 3 minutes, it does not capture my microphone

:)

Erick Cornejo, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Hao99 Win User

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you further:

• Were you able to use the Microphone option earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

To access the Microphone you will need to change the permissions which app can access the Microphone. To do that, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Privacy.
    3. Click on Microphone.
    4. Toggle the switch to on for Allow apps to access the Microphone.
    5. Scroll down and toggle the switch to on for
      Xbox
      and Xbox Game Bar.
    6. Now, press Windows key + G, to open
      Game Bar.

For more information on troubleshooting Game Bar, please refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g

1. Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g - Similar Threads - Game bar catching

2. Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar not catching my microphone but captures other sounds when i windows g: I've done everything that is on Microsoft but nothing works, i've put my microphone as my default device and made sure it is on recording, made sure the audio recording is set to all, i've looked for a bcastdvruserservice and for me it is nowhere to be found unless its from...
  3. Windows 10 - Xbox game bar captures not playing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Xbox game bar captures not playing sound: Hi all,When I record a clip using the Game Bar on Windows 10 and try to replay that capture, I can't hear the sound. I literally have the settings for Capturing set to All so that it records the Game, enabled mic, system, and apps, because I am specifically using it to record...
  4. Windows 10 - Xbox game bar captures not playing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Xbox game bar captures not playing sound: Hi all,When I record a clip using the Game Bar on Windows 10 and try to replay that capture, I can't hear the sound. I literally have the settings for Capturing set to All so that it records the Game, enabled mic, system, and apps, because I am specifically using it to record...
  5. microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps: in settings, i see that the integrated mic i use catches sound as it should, but in every app i want, the sound doesnt register at all. The inputs are correct, mics enabled, reinstalled drivers, still doesnt work, when i try to ."Intel smart sound technology for digital...
  6. microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps

microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps: in settings, i see that the integrated mic i use catches sound as it should, but in every app i want, the sound doesnt register at all. The inputs are correct, mics enabled, reinstalled drivers, still doesnt work, when i try to ."Intel smart sound technology for digital...
  7. my microphone wont capture my sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my microphone wont capture my sound: my external microphone in my earphones won't capture my sound. I tried different earphones but none would capture my sound. sometimes they show response on big sounds like clapping etc. updated all my drives, also tried uninstalling it, the mic recording graph won't show any...
  8. Game Bar Not Capturing

Game Bar Not Capturing: Game bar doesnt seem to work with Rogue Company. When I clip something it shows up in my captures but its usually only the audio if even that. This is the only game Ive had problems with....
  9. Game bar, microphone sounds terrible

Game bar, microphone sounds terrible: is there a fix for the terrible sounding microphone when using the game bar. it sounds like i use an cheap microphone from the 1950's, all raspy and afoul. using the same microphone with the same settings using a tc-heliocon goxlr usb audio interface on all other programs i...
  10. Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 video capture via game bar (win key + g) not reliably capturing audio: I’ve started a new job and to get better familiar with the systems I’m being exposed to, I’ve started using the Windows Key + G command to bring up the game bar overlay so I can record Zoom and Teams sessions. It’s extremely frustrating because it’s not reliable. I’ve gotten...