Windows 10: Game bar not recording clips

Discus and support Game bar not recording clips in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, recently i've been playing War Thunder on steam. Naturally, I tried to get clips using the xbox game bar. Every time I press the necessary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scooter snail, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Game bar not recording clips

Hello, recently i've been playing War Thunder on steam. Naturally, I tried to get clips using the xbox game bar. Every time I press the necessary button input windows button, alt, and g nothing happens! So, I tried again. This time using windows key and g to pull up game bar. I press the capture button for recording the last 30 seconds of gameplay, but it didnt work. I checked the game and game bar already but there was nothing that I could find. Is it not possible to record game clips from steam games? Am I doing something wrong?

:)

scooter snail, Apr 4, 2021

2. Xbox Game Bar only records 15 second game clips

When I record a game clip using xbox game bar, it only records 15 seconds and not 30 despite having it set to record 30 seconds, this happens when I use the Windows key + Alt + G shortcut, or when I manually open game bar and hit record game clip. Anyone
    got any idea how to fix it?

PandaCheese13, Apr 4, 2021
  3. memelena Win User
    recording with game bar

Whenever I try to record a game clip with the game bar, it records a split second of gaming and then automatically stops and saves the clip. Am I doing something wrong?

memelena, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Game bar not recording clips

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Game bar not recording clips

1. Game bar not recording clips - Similar Threads - Game bar recording

2. Game Bar Does not record clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Does not record clips: I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both game bar and the xbox app from my computer. I have done the registry thing. I do not know what to do. The game bar doesn't even work half of the time? When I open the game bar with Windows + G the screenshot, record last 30...
  3. Game Bar Does not record clips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar Does not record clips: I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both game bar and the xbox app from my computer. I have done the registry thing. I do not know what to do. The game bar doesn't even work half of the time? When I open the game bar with Windows + G the screenshot, record last 30...
  4. Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar: I got a pc with windows 11 and my game bar won't let me record it'll only let me take a screenshot. When I try to record it tells me "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" but it won't tell me what hardware I'm missing, and it doesn't have a x on...
  5. Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar: I got a pc with windows 11 and my game bar won't let me record it'll only let me take a screenshot. When I try to record it tells me "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" but it won't tell me what hardware I'm missing, and it doesn't have a x on...
  6. Recording Clips with Game Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recording Clips with Game Bar: I will be using chrome or zoom or Spotify even and want to record a small clip of something I do on-screen, I'm aware it's made for gaming clips but seeing as how it works outside games normally, I've also used it for school.The issue is that it's telling me now "Gaming...
  7. Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?: so in the past when i clipped the last minute it would record my own voice too but right now when i try to clip it doesnt record the mic even if i was talking and even when the mic was turned on, any help to get it to record my mic when clipping? submitted by...
  8. record game clips

in Windows 10 Customization
    record game clips: my graphics is intel RHD graphics 2000.is it suitable to record game clips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-game-clips/2694161a-a33c-4fdc-96da-d3412cd3f28d
  9. Xbox game bar not recording clips on pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar not recording clips on pc: When I try to record a clip it records the audio but instead of recording the video is has a still image, any idea why? This started happening a couple weeks ago. submitted by /u/DarkReverseFlash [link] [comments]...
  10. Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.: More than a few times, i have recorded over 3 hours worth of game-play, and when i go to check what i got in the capture folder, it's literally empty, but if i record a 4 second clip just to test it out, it's there. Furthermore, game bar will stop working properly if the...