Windows 10: Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop)

Discus and support Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I was playing some games on my Laptop, and when I opened the game bar it showed the CPU and RAM usage perfectly fine, only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SilasCuel, Jun 15, 2019.

1. SilasCuel Win User

Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop)

Hello everyone,

So I was playing some games on my Laptop, and when I opened the game bar it showed the CPU and RAM usage perfectly fine, only the GPU usage was not displayed. When I used the Msi Afterburner overlay the GPU was displayed, so the problem has to be with the gamebar itself and not the graphics card. Does anyone have the same issue? How can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop) :)

P.S.: I'm using the AMD Radeon HD 6650m

:)

SilasCuel, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop)

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop)

1. Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop) - Similar Threads - Game bar registering

2. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  3. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  4. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  5. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Xbox game bar not showing CPU and GPU usage correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not showing CPU and GPU usage correctly: Hi. I've experienced this problem around the time I updated win11 to the latest version the one with redesigned task manager and since then, game bar shows my GPU usage at 100% when it's absolutely not and my CPU usage 1 or 2% which is also not correct. I've updated all...
  7. Xbox game bar not showing CPU and GPU usage correctly

Xbox game bar not showing CPU and GPU usage correctly: Hi. I've experienced this problem around the time I updated win11 to the latest version the one with redesigned task manager and since then, game bar shows my GPU usage at 100% when it's absolutely not and my CPU usage 1 or 2% which is also not correct. I've updated all...
  8. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU See attached image bellow. My main...
  9. Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU: Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU , despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. Even if I right click the shortcut or executable and choose to run...
  10. Headset not registering in-game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not registering in-game: I'm using an xbox 360 controller / wireless receiver. No cords except for the xbox360 specific headset that plugs into the controller itself. It registers on the computer in the sound device settings. I can hear it, the computer says OK you're good to go but in the game it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does xbox game bar not show gpu usage

2. game not registering gpu

3. xbox gamebar gpu usage intel integrated