Windows 10: Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

Discus and support Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am using the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to record clips of my games, where I always have Microphone recording turned on.However, Game Bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Loekatthis, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

Hello,I am using the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to record clips of my games, where I always have Microphone recording turned on.However, Game Bar sometimes doesn't record my own microphone, when the mute button shows that it is unmuted and the Audio > Voice window in Game Bar shows that it is picking up my voice. The only way that I can get Game Bar to start recording my voice again is by muting and then unmuting it, either with the shortcut windows + alt + M or by clicking the microphone mute button in the Game Bar menu.The weirdest part is that after startup the issue is always present,

:)

Loekatthis, Mar 25, 2022

2. Problems recording microphone with Game bar

Hi!

I use Game Bar to record Minecraft videos and I want to record my microphone, of course. BUT I do NOT want to have to hear my microphone in my headphones all the time. But if I go in to the settings of the microphone and turn off "Listen to this device" Game
    Bar ALSO stops listening. So how should I go about for Game Bar to record my microphone but not having to hear it in my headphones?

PowerCheez, Mar 25, 2022
  3. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 25, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you further:

• Were you able to use the Microphone option earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

To access the Microphone you will need to change the permissions which app can access the Microphone. To do that, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Privacy.
    3. Click on Microphone.
    4. Toggle the switch to on for Allow apps to access the Microphone.
    5. Scroll down and toggle the switch to on for
      Xbox
      and Xbox Game Bar.
    6. Now, press Windows key + G, to open
      Game Bar.

For more information on troubleshooting Game Bar, please refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

1. Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone - Similar Threads - Game Bar randomly

2. Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone: I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. I use the windows game bar for background recording for 30-second clips but the thing never records my microphone. My microphone is enabled in sound settings, the game bar is allowed to access my microphone in the windows...
  3. Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone: I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. I use the windows game bar for background recording for 30-second clips but the thing never records my microphone. My microphone is enabled in sound settings, the game bar is allowed to access my microphone in the windows...
  4. Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone: Hello,I am using the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to record clips of my games, where I always have Microphone recording turned on.However, Game Bar sometimes doesn't record my own microphone, when the mute button shows that it is unmuted and the Audio > Voice window in Game...
  5. Windows Game Bar Stopped Recording and Recording is Lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Game Bar Stopped Recording and Recording is Lost: Hello, I've used gamebar multiple times to record long videos. Today, I recorded a video for about 1 hour and pressed F11 by accident. It gave me an error. I expected the video to still be in my Captures folder but it's not. Is there a way to recover this file?...
  6. xbox game bar stopped recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    xbox game bar stopped recording: so i was recording a very important thing and accidentally my laptop went to sleep the total time just before it went to sleep was 1hr 30 min just right after it went to sleep, I turned on my laptop again from sleep but the recording bar had vanished the recording...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Microphone recording.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Microphone recording.: Hi, when i use my microphone it works perfectly but when i use it on xbox game bar it makes it much much worse. My mic is perfectly fine and works on other programs. I have also tried putting the audio settings high and it just wont work. Please Help....
  8. Game bar stops recording after recording in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game bar stops recording after recording in fullscreen: Game bar does work for me, but the problem is when recording in fullscreen it immediately stops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-stops-recording-after-recording-in/deb44b0f-4b92-4b47-abab-75aa3af75258
  9. Problems recording microphone with Game bar

Problems recording microphone with Game bar: Hi! I use Game Bar to record Minecraft videos and I want to record my microphone, of course. BUT I do NOT want to have to hear my microphone in my headphones all the time. But if I go in to the settings of the microphone and turn off "Listen to this device" Game Bar ALSO...
  10. Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option: Every time I open Game Bar the microphone option is not being displayed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-is-not-showing-the-microphone-recording/d768d2d7-0e04-42f7-a05c-1e08f4ccb9e4