Windows 10: Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

Discus and support Game bar resizing based on resolution of games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ive fixed the issue in the past but now a friend of mine is having it and I dont remember what I did to fix it, the issue is as simple as if you open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HALO My Dudes, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

Ive fixed the issue in the past but now a friend of mine is having it and I dont remember what I did to fix it, the issue is as simple as if you open a game that doesnt have the right resolution for your screen (we both use tvs) the game bar becomes huge and unusable while that game is open.

If anyone knows what settings need to be changed so it doesnt do this I would love the help!

:)

HALO My Dudes, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

1. Game bar resizing based on resolution of games - Similar Threads - Game bar resizing

2. the game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the game bar: how come i cant record my cilps on the game bar if it work once and then stop working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-game-bar/944ea2c5-dfd2-410e-8992-15843c39408f
  3. game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game bar: So I have used game bar to record ten minute captures forever. I have 40-50 of them. the last two, and nothing has changed that I am aware of, certainly nothing that was changed by me, there is audio but no video. It is even the same game. I have two captures with audio and...
  4. Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the resolution of screen captures in Xbox Game Bar: I'm confused as any time I try to record games, the resolution is completely broken. I can't find out how to fix this issue and, to go into detail,I can see the screen in the left corner but below and to the right of it is just black boxes. I only recently discovered this...
  5. Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar: Hi I have a problem . I can t record with the Game bar . It say to try again later . I have this issue from a week Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar/f4d67e02-c67f-4bed-9e1c-436f8631c4e5
  6. Resizing game windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing game windows: Computer noob here, I was playing a game the other day, and I usually keep it in windowed mode, because it seems to lag less when I do that. At one point I was tinkering with the settings and I flipped it back to fullscreen and then back to windowed (which I’ve done many...
  7. game bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    game bar: when I try to access my game bar by pressing win+G it says you'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay what does that message mean and how can I access my game bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar/c8953c12-4d61-4004-8363-bb8ca00a2240
  8. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.: So I play CSGO at 1440x1080, I don't like playing at 16:9 but suddenly I can't enter the game without changing the resolution for the whole desktop to 1440x1080 manually, while before I would just click the game, it would automatically resize and I could play, but now I have...
  9. Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar: Recording only allows me to record my own voice and the game, how do i set it to allow other peoples voices to be recorded as well played league of legends and only my voice recorded Thanks in Advance...
  10. Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar: Hello, I am trying the game bar and it is working well. Only problem is that while I am recording my screen and my voice, I can't hear the game music anymore although we can hear it in the game footage afterwards. I want to be able to hear the games music in my headphones...