Windows 10: Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

Discus and support Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, My Microsoft Game Bar says that my system isn't compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate. However, when I run DXDIAG, that says it IS compatible. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheDeadlySpecter, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

Hi,

My Microsoft Game Bar says that my system isn't compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate. However, when I run DXDIAG, that says it IS compatible. So I'm not sure why Game Bar is wrong. I have an NVIDEA 3070, which should be compatible with DirectX 12, so I'm not sure what to believe right now and I want to make sure I am compatible. Here are some screen shots.

Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible 4e6bd4f0-fbc1-4062-94d6-9cc8532ad5a3?upload=true.png

Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible 5b82f819-c6ac-4f45-a05d-f4a40c27a927?upload=true.png Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible f74f65f2-a593-431a-a547-62498e992edc?upload=true.png

:)

TheDeadlySpecter, Dec 4, 2020
  2. David_2.0 Win User

Directx 12

NVidia's website said that my GPU is DirectX 12 Compatible, but dxdiag says I only have 11.3. What is going on?

David_2.0, Dec 4, 2020
  3. BrunoPtc Win User
    DirectX 12 shouldn't be here

My video card (AMD HD6570) only goes up to DirectX 11, but Dxdiag says that my current version it's 12, and at the same time it says that my latest feature level it's 11_0 and also says that Direct3D it's 11.2. No game can run DirectX 12 because the video
    card doesn't allow, so how is 12 installed? It's suppose to be here even though i can't use it?

Dxdiag file:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

BrunoPtc, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

1. Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible - Similar Threads - Game Bar Says

2. xbox game bar says directx 12 is not compatible but i think it is, is there a way to fix it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar says directx 12 is not compatible but i think it is, is there a way to fix it...: imma just put facebook image link here cause i cant put the image file here it says...
  3. xbox game bar says directx 12 is not compatible but i think it is, is there a way to fix it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game bar says directx 12 is not compatible but i think it is, is there a way to fix it...: imma just put facebook image link here cause i cant put the image file here it says...
  4. Is DirectX 12 and the GTX 1060 6GB compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is DirectX 12 and the GTX 1060 6GB compatible?: I ask this question because I have a R7 3600x CPU coupled with a GTX1060 6GB GPU. Running Madden 22 and when I try to use DirectX 12 instead of 11, my video gets laggy. Is there something that I could be missing or a setting that I'm overlooking to make DirectX 12 work better...
  5. DirectX 12 Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 Compatibility: Hi! I tried to run a game that requires DirectX 12 and an error popped up and said that i don't have DirectX 12. I checked Dxdiag and it's seen that my system supports it but my GPU does not, correct me if im wrong. is it normal that i can not run the game? if yes, is there...
  6. DirectX 12 Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 12 Compatibility: Hi! I tried to run a game that requires DirectX 12 and an error popped up and said that i don't have DirectX 12. I checked Dxdiag and it's seen that my system supports it but my GPU does not, correct me if im wrong. is it normal that i can not run the game? if yes, is there...
  7. Games with directx 12 crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games with directx 12 crashes: I have RTX 2060 and when i play games with DX12 it crashes. When it crashes error says it is broken driver for GPU but its not GPU is properly working. I triedthis but it didnt even find anything it says everything is normal...
  8. Directx 12 issues in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 issues in Games: Hello everyone, I am facing a rather annoying problem with playing games recently. I tried to play a few directx12 games and most of them seem to freeze and crash afterwards. Some games , which crash a few minutes after starting are Shadow of the tomb raider, Rainbow...
  9. it says my game is incompatable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it says my game is incompatable: medieval total war it downloaded perfectly fine and when I try to run the program it tells me it needs administrative permission but I'm the administrator on my computer . so I ran the trouble shooting help guide and now its saying the game is incompatible . please tell me is...
  10. DxDiag says "Miracast: Not Available" suddenly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DxDiag says "Miracast: Not Available" suddenly.: Hello friends, Around 6 months ago, when I rebuilt my laptop HP 8470p with Windows 10 it supported Miracast (confirmed with DxDiag too) and I was able to mirror my Laptop screen with LG OLED TV without any problems using "connect to wireless display". Later I didn't use my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dxdrsg