Windows 10: Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session?

Discus and support Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all For context, I'm a person who likes to take screenshots regularly while gaming, and I've been using the Windows game bar for some of the stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImNotASWFanboy, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session?

Hi all

For context, I'm a person who likes to take screenshots regularly while gaming, and I've been using the Windows game bar for some of the stuff I play. This relationship has had its ups and downs through the years, fair to say, but it's mostly worked fine.

However, recently I've noticed that the game bar will stop capturing any screenshots after I've maybe taken a few whilst playing, and I'm unable to get it to work again while the game is still open. This is frustrating for several reasons, including the fact that I can still open the game bar after this occurs, but even clicking the capture button in the overlay doesn't do anything.

Is this a known issue that others have experienced? Is there a limit on screenshots that can be taken per session? I'd taken around 300 in my last session earlier this evening and I don't understand why it can no longer handle going beyond this limit where in the past I've been able to capture many more in a day.

(Btw I know 300 sounds like a lot, I like to take screenshots during cutscenes mostly to look back on and it's my way of documenting it. It adds up quickly!)

If anyone has any insight to share on this, it would be much appreciated. If there's a more appropriate subreddit for this as well, please feel free to signpost me there. Thanks.

submitted by /u/ImNotASWFanboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImNotASWFanboy, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Game Bar screenshots now capture the bar at the top of my games.

Hi Kyle,

Let's try to troubleshoot this concern so that we can find a way to eliminate the bar at the top of your games when taking a screenshot using the Game Bar on Windows 10. I recommend that you try the following solutions below:

Solution 1: Re-enable Game DVR.

1. Press the Windows key, and then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Turn off Game Bar.
    4. Restart your computer
    5. Go back to Settings > Gaming.
    6. Turn on Game Bar.

Solution 2: Check for any Windows 10 Update on your computer by going to
    Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Solution 3: Delete Temporary Files

1. Open Settings and go to System.
    2. Go to Storage and choose This PC.
    3. Scroll down and find Temporary files.
    4. Click on it and then click on Delete temporary files. (Note: This process may take a while to complete - it all depends on how many you have. Wait until it's complete and then reboot your PC and try again.)

Solution 4: Perform a Clean boot on your computer to eliminate software conflicts. You may refer to this
    link for the steps.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Kalii919 Win User
    Xbox Game Bar Game Capture And Screenshots Bugs

So sometimes my xbox game bar will be working fine (rarely lately) but a lot of times the capture won't work. Same for the screenshot but when i press the hotkey combination it actually takes a screenshot. I tried uninstalling and installing but still
    doesn't work. When i click on it it says ,,We can't record right now. Please try again later" Also the buttons are like kinda blanked compared to the other two. I really hope someone can help me!

Kalii919, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session?

Game Bar screenshots now capture the bar at the top of my games.

I've been having troubles capturing my games without the bar at the top. I usually have my games in window mode, and never had this problem until now. Before, I was able to capture games without it being there. Here is an example:

Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session? 200b916b-74a1-4aee-9255-0fe152e6efa0?upload=true.jpg

How do I fix this?

KyleCarlson1, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session?

1. Game bar stops capturing screenshots mid session? - Similar Threads - Game bar stops

2. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  3. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  4. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  5. Game Bar Capture Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar Capture Issue: So i have an issue where the gamebar capture will pick up my mic, and gameplay/google just fine, but discord seems to have an issue sending the audio because when i rewatch it, anyone talking sounds distorted and quiet... any suggestions? not sure what to make the topic sorry...
  6. Screenshot Capture

Screenshot Capture: I have had this computer for about one year, and it operates with Windows 10 Home Edition. For the first six months or so I used to be able to do something that really helped me when taking courses online, i.e., I used to be able to take screenshots on the fly, meaning that...
  7. Game Bar Not Capturing

Game Bar Not Capturing: Game bar doesnt seem to work with Rogue Company. When I clip something it shows up in my captures but its usually only the audio if even that. This is the only game Ive had problems with....
  8. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  9. xbox game bar capturing

xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...
  10. Game Bar Not Capturing Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Not Capturing Mic: Hello everyone, I have an issue that is really bugging me. Im recording short 30 second clips of gameplays that I save, but apparently my voice isnt captured. My friend’s voices do get captured but mine arent. Help please!...