Windows 10: Game bar stops recording when I close a window

Discus and support Game bar stops recording when I close a window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to record a how to video for a class to teach them how to install a few programs but whenever I close a window game bar stops recording.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Turnell, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Game bar stops recording when I close a window

I am trying to record a how to video for a class to teach them how to install a few programs but whenever I close a window game bar stops recording. How do I stop this?

:)

David Turnell, Aug 13, 2020

2. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 13, 2020
  3. renee1219 Win User
    Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Game bar stops recording when I close a window

Recording game DVR

Hi dutchguy777, sometimes this issue occurs because of incorrect recording. In this case you should restart the Game bar to solve the problem.

Alternately, try the following steps to fix this issue:

Close the game.

Find the Windows taskbar, type Task Manager in the search box and then click on it.

Then, choose ‘more details’ in the Task Manager.

Find the list of running processes. Choose the Broadcast bar server (bcastdvr.exe) process. Click on End task.

Restart your game and check if you are able to record

Ted Willson, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Game bar stops recording when I close a window

1. Game bar stops recording when I close a window - Similar Threads - Game bar stops

2. Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.: I play Geometry Dash on Steam, and I usually record it using Xbox Game Bar. Very frequently, it stops recording and turns to a black screen, where I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the black screen. When I get out, Game Bar tells me I can't record without setting my...
  3. Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.: I play Geometry Dash on Steam, and I usually record it using Xbox Game Bar. Very frequently, it stops recording and turns to a black screen, where I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the black screen. When I get out, Game Bar tells me I can't record without setting my...
  4. game bar recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game bar recorder: when I record a game with game bar the record isn't in full screen how to fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recorder/2ac90bf0-b3a6-4984-92aa-5500d3956916
  5. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Recording: Is there a way to remove only a voiceover but leave the game sound once the video is already recorded? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Cesarone11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrm6lh/game_bar_recording/
  6. Windows Game Bar Stopped Recording and Recording is Lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Game Bar Stopped Recording and Recording is Lost: Hello, I've used gamebar multiple times to record long videos. Today, I recorded a video for about 1 hour and pressed F11 by accident. It gave me an error. I expected the video to still be in my Captures folder but it's not. Is there a way to recover this file?...
  7. xbox game bar stopped recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    xbox game bar stopped recording: so i was recording a very important thing and accidentally my laptop went to sleep the total time just before it went to sleep was 1hr 30 min just right after it went to sleep, I turned on my laptop again from sleep but the recording bar had vanished the recording...
  8. Game bar stops recording after recording in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game bar stops recording after recording in fullscreen: Game bar does work for me, but the problem is when recording in fullscreen it immediately stops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-stops-recording-after-recording-in/deb44b0f-4b92-4b47-abab-75aa3af75258
  9. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar Recording: A few days ago I recorded my screen using the game bar. Today I went to record and the settings said my computer didn't meet the hardware requirements. I downloaded an app and the screen record feature didn't work either. The app and gamebar recorder worked on my other...
  10. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Recording: Game recording makes the screen and resulting video stutter - any way to stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recording/38f7184c-8392-426b-b5ce-901c7450793f