Windows 10: Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

Discus and support Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SrijanArora, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i reinstalled them as well. I have also reset windows once to try and resolve the issue. reimaged it too, keeping personal data. Deleting personal data is not an option for me. can anyone please suggest a solution for this issue? 15 sec Video showing the issue

:)

SrijanArora, Jun 9, 2023
  2. sammoo3 Win User

game bar volume control overlay

I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay
    won't go away. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications? c1fc1bc3-bde1-4c22-8b4e-43f826c65c60?upload=true.jpg

sammoo3, Jun 9, 2023
  3. [ JCI ] Win User
    Volume and brightness bar on top left of screen missing

Normally, whenever I adjust the brightness or volume on my laptop, a bar indicating the volume or brightness level appears in the top left. Just today the bar in the top left no longer appears when adjusting volume or brightness. Can someone pls help so
    that the bar appears again when i adjust volume or brightness?

[ JCI ], Jun 9, 2023
  4. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Saeid. I'll be happy to help you out today.You can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Xbox Game Bar volume resetting to maximum and causing issues with your hearing. It can be frustrating when basic features such as volume control are not working as expected.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Update your audio drivers: Make sure your audio drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause various audio issues, including problems with volume control.

Reset the Xbox Game Bar: Go to Settings > Apps > Xbox Game Bar > Advanced options > Reset.

Disable Xbox Game Bar: If you don't use the Xbox Game Bar, you can disable it completely. Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Game Bar > Toggle off "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar."

Change notification settings: Go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Turn off "Play a sound when a notification arrives" or adjust the volume of the notification sounds.

Use a third-party volume controller: You can try using a third-party volume controller that allows you to set specific volume levels for individual programs.

I hope these steps help resolve your issue with the Xbox Game Bar volume resetting.

SaeidAgheli, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

1. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications? - Similar Threads - Game bar volume

2. Full Screen applications, specifically games, will almost randomly go black, seemingly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Screen applications, specifically games, will almost randomly go black, seemingly...: This is a bit of a weird one to explain, but basically whenever I'm playing something, it will occasionally and without any pattern go black as though it's trying to load my desktop screen again, then immediately open the game back up. When it does this, the game's...
  3. Full Screen applications, specifically games, will almost randomly go black, seemingly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full Screen applications, specifically games, will almost randomly go black, seemingly...: This is a bit of a weird one to explain, but basically whenever I'm playing something, it will occasionally and without any pattern go black as though it's trying to load my desktop screen again, then immediately open the game back up. When it does this, the game's...
  4. Full Screen applications, specifically games, will almost randomly go black, seemingly...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  6. brightness control bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness control bar: How do i find my brightness control bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-bar/c8d9258a-1507-4937-9e78-7f73eefc69a6
  7. brightness control bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness control bar: How do i find my brightness control bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-bar/c8d9258a-1507-4937-9e78-7f73eefc69a6
  8. brightness control bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. game bar volume control overlay

game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  10. Volume control bar

Volume control bar: Greetings how do I disable or turn off this tiny volume bar that showed up out of nowhere ? it always accompanies the main volume control bar [ATTACH]...