Windows 10: Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug?

Discus and support Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey I’m not sure if this is a bug or what to do.. coincidentally this happened since I installed Xbox PC Game access beta... game bar is a requirement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/manikdeprez, May 19, 2020.

1. Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug?

Hey I’m not sure if this is a bug or what to do.. coincidentally this happened since I installed Xbox PC Game access beta... game bar is a requirement for it to work(maybe it overwrites a broken version)

I tried reinstalling and it star working again but literally after a restart it no longer works.

Weirdly enough, when I switch the Output from the game bar to something else then back to my main it shows sliders again but they don’t affect the volumes at all..

Game bar is very useful to me because I can control individual volumes when in full screen applications or games and it’s much easier than ALT TAB to right click the volume icon to get the ugly stock Volume Mixer ..

I’m on Windows 10 1909 Xboxgamebar version 5.220

Screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/p25bpFh

Sucks that Microsoft has very neat features all over the place but their implementation of them is fugly.... @pple takes notes, polishes them and profits...

submitted by /u/manikdeprez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/manikdeprez, May 19, 2020
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug? 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, May 19, 2020
  3. Domi nick Win User
    Xbox Game Bar Audio Mixer individual app volume sliders disappeared

Hi,

I'm currently at 18362.388 and used xbox game bar since it got released, and used the Audio tile quite often to adjust volume for individual apps like in default windows audio mixer.

But now no apps are listed there.

Can you help me resolve the issue?

Thanks

Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug? a1170313-52f9-4c2e-af96-1df9d4c5bdd0?upload=true.png

Domi nick, May 19, 2020
  4. eliasbenb Win User

Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug?

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

Thanks for the reply, as for your questions:

• I am running the latest build available for my PC, Windows 10 Pro 1903 (Build 18362.449)
    • I am able to see volume sliders for apps in the built in volume mixer
    And I will be sure to send this issue to the Microsoft Feedback Hub

Thanks again.

eliasbenb, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug?

1. Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug? - Similar Threads - Game Bar volume

2. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...: I dont know how well to describe this, Ive had this problem since last night. Anyway all of sudden my external and wired headphones Turtle Beach Earforce X12 which I have used perfectly fine they are also pretty newish suddenly stopped working properly. Now sound DOES come...
  3. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...: I dont know how well to describe this, Ive had this problem since last night. Anyway all of sudden my external and wired headphones Turtle Beach Earforce X12 which I have used perfectly fine they are also pretty newish suddenly stopped working properly. Now sound DOES come...
  4. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Lenovo ideapad flex, the volume slider that usually showed with a play and pause control menu, now shows up by itself. I have no idea how to bring it back to showing the tools. It does so only in opera though, which I use most regularly....
  6. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  7. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  8. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. game bar volume control overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  10. Xbox Game Bar Audio Mixer individual app volume sliders disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Audio Mixer individual app volume sliders disappeared: Hi, I'm currently at 18362.388 and used xbox game bar since it got released, and used the Audio tile quite often to adjust volume for individual apps like in default windows audio mixer. But now no apps are listed there. Can you help me resolve the issue? Thanks...