Windows 10: Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes

Discus and support Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Record That on Game Bar quite a bit, and I have it set to record the last 10 minutes. This used to work fine, but lately it seems to have trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amedeus8, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Amedeus8 Win User

Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes

I use Record That on Game Bar quite a bit, and I have it set to record the last 10 minutes. This used to work fine, but lately it seems to have trouble hitting the 10 minute mark reliably. Sometimes it does, but often it stops at anywhere from 6-9 minutes. It's especially annoying, as it's always the most recent part that gets cut off, and that's usually the bit I'm trying to save.

I'm not certain if this is happening with all games, but I've noticed it recently in both Minecraft and Runner3. Runner3 doesn't run the best on my system, so I'd chalk it up to that if it was only happening in that game, but I can run Minecraft perfectly fine and that's also having the issue. It also doesn't seem to be a space issue, as I can save several recordings in a row with Record That, it's just one or two of those will likely be partially cut off. This isn't affecting standard recordings, either. Only Record That.

:)

Amedeus8, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Record entire screen using Game Bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to record the entire screen using Game Bar. Currently, the Game Bar only allows you to record the active screen.

However, I commend you for noticing this feature not being in Game Bar. We would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions, as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Record entire screen using Game Bar

Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far I have observed that the Win+G function only captures what is being done only on
    the active window when the function was launched.

For instance, when screenshotting, there are two basic ways namely:

• Screenshot of active window only = Alt + PrtScr
    • Screenshot of entire screen = PrtScr
    I'm looking for the screen video recording equivalent of these two commands (if such exist). Does anyone know a command that will allow a user to record video of the entire screen, or do I have to rely on a third-party application to
    do that?

***Modified title from: Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function***

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Oct 13, 2020
  4. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Game Bar's Record

2. [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly: Hello,My background recording is set to 3 minutes, but when I try to record those past "3 minutes", it only records random amount below 1 minute.Windows 10, all updates, I did the troubleshooting, game dvr is not losing any memory always around 1200mb.This problem happens no...
  3. [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly: Hello,My background recording is set to 3 minutes, but when I try to record those past "3 minutes", it only records random amount below 1 minute.Windows 10, all updates, I did the troubleshooting, game dvr is not losing any memory always around 1200mb.This problem happens no...
  4. game bar recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game bar recorder: when I record a game with game bar the record isn't in full screen how to fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recorder/2ac90bf0-b3a6-4984-92aa-5500d3956916
  5. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Recording: Is there a way to remove only a voiceover but leave the game sound once the video is already recorded? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Cesarone11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrm6lh/game_bar_recording/
  6. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar Recording: A few days ago I recorded my screen using the game bar. Today I went to record and the settings said my computer didn't meet the hardware requirements. I downloaded an app and the screen record feature didn't work either. The app and gamebar recorder worked on my other...
  7. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Recording: Game recording makes the screen and resulting video stutter - any way to stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recording/38f7184c-8392-426b-b5ce-901c7450793f
  8. Record entire screen using Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record entire screen using Game Bar: Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far I have observed that the Win+G function only captures what is being done only on the active window when the function was...
  9. Game Bar Record Feature Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Bar Record Feature Broken: When selecting the "Record that" feature on the game dvr during gameplay, it often records just a single freeze frame of the game I'm playing with audio instead of the full gameplay....
  10. Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns: I'm using the Game Bar to record something I'm doing on a website, because the Game Bar appears to be the only facility in Windows to record a screen capture. So I just noticed that it doesn't record the menu of dropdown elements, even though they definitely appear on screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows game bar recording doesnt work after 10 inutes