Windows 10: Game capture does not record 60 fps

Discus and support Game capture does not record 60 fps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have set the game bar to record in 60 fps but it will only record gameplay (minecraft) in 20-30 fps while when i record something else like my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jari-01, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Game capture does not record 60 fps

I have set the game bar to record in 60 fps but it will only record gameplay (minecraft) in 20-30 fps while when i record something else like my browser window, it records in 60fps

submitted by /u/Jari-01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jari-01, Feb 12, 2021

2. Game FPS capped at 60

Assuming you don't have Vsync enabled, and assuming Geforce experience or something has not upped your in game graphic settings, check game mode to ensure you aren't recording in the background.

You aren't talking about FPS while Game DVR (recording in the background) is enabled, right? Note in that scenario , video FPS are default 30, max 60 as "high quality video capture may impact the quality of your game".

Game capture does not record 60 fps [​IMG]

specialkone, Feb 12, 2021
  3. FPS LOCKED AT 60 IN ALL GAMES

Hi guys,

After the new update of Windows 10, all the games are with fps locked in 60, however, when activating the DVR the FPS arrives near 200. Does anyone
    have a solution for this issue ?

I already tried to uninstall the xbox app, but nothing solved.

Here is a link with DVR Recording

Thanks for patience.

Henrique Berle, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Game capture does not record 60 fps

Xbox game bar capture/recording

Hello

I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue.

Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has risen to 74 to 75 degrees during the lag. I am not sure what the cpu temperature was when it wasnt
    lagging since i was never bothered to check. However, from my estimates i think it was around 70 degrees. My cpu temps with light usage is around 53-56. I am not sure why it is suddenly lagging. I havent downloaded any new software or drivers.

Fps without recording: 80-90 fps

Fps before lag, while recording: 60-75

Fps after lagging started, while recording: 25-55, heavy frame drops.

Laptop specs:

Brand: Asus

12 gb ram

Intel Core i7-10th gen

Nvidia Geforce MX250

I am under volting the laptop to reduce cpu temps using throttle stop, i had been using it even before the lag started. And i didnt change any setting in throttle stop until the lag started, so it is unlikely that it is the cause for the lagging.

Please tell me if i should post any additional info. All help is appreciated.

- Meekal

MeekalHassan, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Game capture does not record 60 fps

1. Game capture does not record 60 fps - Similar Threads - Game capture does

2. All games stuck at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games stuck at 60 FPS: No clue why but all my games are stuck at 60 fps today. Both my displays are set to higher refresh rates and my configuration can run games at high frame rates easily but it’s self capping at 60fps. Uninstalling and reinstalling games and drivers did nothing. Changing display...
  3. All games are stuck on 60 fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games are stuck on 60 fps: Whenever I try to play a game on my laptop, it gets capped to 60 fps. The problem has occurred for both Valorant and Geometry Dash I have FPS counters in both games. V-Sync is off, FPS is uncapped well, capped to 165fps, which shouldn't limit it to 60 fps. Both my laptop's...
  4. Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.: I am on Windows 11 and everything is updated. I recently started using Xbox Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds. Everything about it works fine, but it will not record my clips in the full 60 frames per second like I set it to do so in the settings. Instead, it records at...
  5. Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.: I am on Windows 11 and everything is updated. I recently started using Xbox Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds. Everything about it works fine, but it will not record my clips in the full 60 frames per second like I set it to do so in the settings. Instead, it records at...
  6. Game DVR does not record at full 60 fps. How do I make it to capture all 60 frames?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR does not record at full 60 fps. How do I make it to capture all 60 frames?: Hi! I have a very powerful PC and decided to use Game DVR to record my gameplay with Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11. I have configured everything to record at 60 fps instead of default and recommended 30 fps at High recording quality.However, the actual recordings are never 60...
  7. Game DVR does not record at full 60 fps. How do I make it to capture all 60 frames?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR does not record at full 60 fps. How do I make it to capture all 60 frames?: Hi! I have a very powerful PC and decided to use Game DVR to record my gameplay with Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11. I have configured everything to record at 60 fps instead of default and recommended 30 fps at High recording quality.However, the actual recordings are never 60...
  8. Xbox Game bar Wont record at 60 FPS when it is set >:(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game bar Wont record at 60 FPS when it is set >:(: When i set Xbox game bar settings to 60 FPS it wont record at that and will record at like 20-30 FPS instead. Anyone know how to fix this. Laptop Specs: Ryzen 5 3500U Vega 8 IGPU Btw i was able to record at like 50 FPS before idk what happened... submitted by...
  9. FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am experiencing annoying thing. My fps are being capped at 60 in some games BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE!!! and because of that my mouse movement is much laggier, heavier.. I've turned off VSync , Game DVR, GameMode etc. My...
  10. Game FPS capped at 60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game FPS capped at 60: So I'm pretty sure this started happening after the Creator's update. I can't get more than 60 FPS in the games I play (League of Legends, Overwatch). Before I was constantly getting 100+. VSync is off, frame limit is uncapped in both game. Using latest NVidia drivers,...