Windows 10: Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black

Discus and support Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I use the shortcut to record the last 30 secs, more often than not, the recording is pitch black with sound. It is not an issue with the app I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Recnid, Apr 6, 2021.

1. /u/Recnid Win User

Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black

When I use the shortcut to record the last 30 secs, more often than not, the recording is pitch black with sound. It is not an issue with the app I'm using to playback my recording because the file itself also looks completely black, and the file size is incredibly low (2 MB) which means that there literally is no footage, just sound. Happens on all games played recently. And sometimes, within the same play session, some recordings are normal while others are pure black.

This has only started happening in the past week. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Recnid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Recnid, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Petr VOLF Win User

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

how about this?

Change where your Game DVR captures are saved on your PC

Your game clips and screenshots will always be saved in the Captures folder. But you can move that folder anywhere you want on your PC.
    • Go to File Explorer > Videos.
    • Drag the Captures folder where you want it.

Petr VOLF, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

Hi Morbid,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for choosing Windows 10.

Unfortunately, You can’t change the storage location of your screenshots or game clips.
    as suggested in this link

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

Game clips and screenshots are saved in the File Explorer\Videos\Captures folder

For more info Visit this link.

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

Strange methode but it works Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black :)

thanks a lot

José Mickael FERNANDES LEMOS, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black

1. Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black - Similar Threads - Game capture DVR

2. Trying to capture a game clip with the windows game bar and there is extra black space on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to capture a game clip with the windows game bar and there is extra black space on...: Hopefully someone can help. I don't know why this is happening. this is what all of my clips look like. submitted by /u/kayrahrae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhko7w/trying_to_capture_a_game_clip_with_the_windows/
  3. Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing where Game DVR Captures save to: I have been using the game dvr a lot since I got my new PC, but just recently got an external hard drive and tried to move the Captures folder to it, but ever since it just saves the loose files to the drive itself, not in any folders. In capture settings it just says "Save...
  4. Game DVR bugged all my clips?

Game DVR bugged all my clips?: Ok so this happened like a week ago my all my clips cant be opened anymore it says its unsupported and it wont play it back. So I tried making some more clips after that and they wont open either so im like wtf is going on. Then I download VLC and bam I can see my clips again...
  5. Audio in Game DVR Captures

Audio in Game DVR Captures: When I use the "Capture last 30 seconds" button in the game DVR. It doesn't capture my voice but it captures my friend's. Is there a way to capture with my voice and my friend's. If so, please reply. Thanks. submitted by /u/NebrasOnReddit [link] [comments]...
  6. Gamehub DVR clips freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamehub DVR clips freezing: Hello, I was trying to capture a clip from CS: GO earlier today, it allowed me to capture, but when I later reviewed my clips, and it was just frozen but with the audio. My capture worked fine for the past year, but for some reason this month, it started being a pain. What...
  7. My Game DVR Clips Are Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Game DVR Clips Are Freezing: yesterday I saved a 5min clip to dvr with the game bar on my laptop. when i went to re watch the video it was frozen and wouldn't unfreeze. ive tried opening with other apps like "photos" and "media maker" and that hasn't worked either. any help on unfreezing them would be...
  8. Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata: Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder unavailable. is...
  9. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures: My GameDVR is saving new clips and screenshots to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp, making it so i cant change location due to the absence of the Captures folder, is there a way to correct this like some value buried in RegEdit or something 111400
  10. Cant Share Game DVR Clips, Says Not A Game

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Share Game DVR Clips, Says Not A Game: Installed the full ISO version of 10 Pro, activated, updated, all drivers, etc... Game DVR works and records the clips and shares them for Minecraft Win10 Beta. Loaded up Rust and can take screenshots, but will not record. Screenshot can not be shared, says its not a...