Windows 10: Game Compatibility

Discus and support Game Compatibility in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Whenever i try to download a game from the microsoft store on my HP 255 G5 Notebook, ie. Asphalt 8, it says my device is not compatible. But it says... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WilliePenner, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Game Compatibility

Whenever i try to download a game from the microsoft store on my HP 255 G5 Notebook, ie. Asphalt 8, it says my device is not compatible. But it says that on just about every game. Am i missing an update or is my laptop just unable to handle a couple games?

:)

WilliePenner, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    unable to play backwars compatible game on windows 10

Hi CloakingRope170,

Some apps created earlier than Windows 10 might not run optimally or will not run at all due to possible compatibility issues. As a first troubleshooting step, i suggest running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Here are the steps:

1. Enter the name of the game on the Windows search box.
    2. Right click on the result and select Open file location.
    3. Right click on the game and select Properties.
    4. Under the Compatibility tab, click Run compatibility troubleshooter.
    5. Follow the troubleshooter wizard and complete the process.

If you continue to experience the issue after the compatibility troubleshooter, try the suggested
    compatibility settings based on this link. Just adjust one or more of the following
    settings and select OK when you’re done.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Mark Isi, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Game Compatibility

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Game Compatibility

1. Game Compatibility - Similar Threads - Game Compatibility

2. Bored of Windows 10 but I need its software compatibility for work apps and some games but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bored of Windows 10 but I need its software compatibility for work apps and some games but...: i7 32GB 2080X submitted by /u/LightDarkCloud [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtbs2p/bored_of_windows_10_but_i_need_its_software/
  3. DX9 games not working? Compatibility mode crashes ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DX9 games not working? Compatibility mode crashes ?: I have win10 64bit and I cannot play any dx9 games at all as they either crash or work at extremity low fps. Even compatibility mode makes games like Assassin's Creed 1 dx9 or VTMB just crash at startup instead of working at 12fps or something. Please note that modern games...
  4. DirectX12 compatible with DirectX11 games Fortnite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 compatible with DirectX11 games Fortnite?: I recently downloaded Fortnite, but cannot launch it. Whenever I try to launch it, it says that the engine requires DirectX11. I checked my DirectX and it says that I have DirectX12. A lot of threads say that Fortnite runs on DirectX12, too. Can Fortnite run on DirectX12? If...
  5. Old game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility: My dad has a lot of old game from the early 2000s. Rome: Total war and its Barbarian Invasion and a couple of other games he loved to play don’t work on his computer any more. He’s running latest version of Windows 10 and is even part of the Beta testing group. He loved to...
  6. game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game compatibility: Greetings, I would like to know whether the games "Sid Meier's Civilization IV" and "From Rick Goodman Empires L'Alba Del Mondo Moderno" are compatibe with Windows 10. Have a good day, Remo68...
  7. i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp...: Microsoft Visual C ++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed! Program:G\Midtown Madness RIP\midtown.exe file: vsprintf.c line: 91...
  8. Best Gaming Laptop with windows 10 compatibility ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Gaming Laptop with windows 10 compatibility ?: Hello, Friends, I was finding best gaming laptop from many days I got the info from this website - Top 10 Gaming Laptops in 2020 I am not an expert in these things so please guide me on which one is the best gaming laptop with windows 10 compatibility?...
  9. big fish error 0x000035a MSVCP140.DLL not compatable with big fish game manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    big fish error 0x000035a MSVCP140.DLL not compatable with big fish game manager: big fish error 0x000035a MSVCP140.DLL not compatable with big fish game manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/big-fish-error-0x000035a-msvcp140dll-not/a4c42907-2847-408a-bb6a-523f96415fd9"
  10. In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install...

in Windows 10 Customization
    In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install...: In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for "Bioshock 2" game, I get an error "Please install windows 7 service pack 1. The game will now exit." This is for running Bioshock 2. How can Windows 10 not be compatible with it's own windows 7 compatibility mode?...