Windows 10: game controller adapter

Discus and support game controller adapter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i got this 2 pack of PlayStation 2 to usb adapters for me and my friend to play a game called clone hero we got the adapter because you can play with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by universalguy123, Feb 25, 2021.

1. game controller adapter

i got this 2 pack of PlayStation 2 to usb adapters for me and my friend to play a game called clone hero we got the adapter because you can play with guitar hero guitars on it like the red octane guitar i have he can play with the adapter on his laptop with his red octane but for some reason it wont let me play with the adapter on mine it recognizes it as a game controller on mine but it wont let me play the game with it and wont respond when i try to get any input from it on my computer both adapters work perfectly on his laptop i feel like i should mention the adapter and the guitar are both wired if you need more info about it feel free to ask me and my friend both have windows 10 installed

:)

universalguy123, Feb 25, 2021

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2021
  4. game controller adapter

Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

game controller adapter

1. game controller adapter - Similar Threads - game controller adapter

2. Gaming Controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming Controls: I've had this laptop for quite some time and ever since I first started using it, It's acted funny. When I play pc games the controls go weird in a way that fights me. For example, when I need to press W to go forward it won't let me because it wants to go backward, so I just...
  3. Adaptive brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive brightness control: How do I turn off the adaptive brightness control? I have a Lenovo C740 with windows 10, I've looked for any setting anywhere turn turn off this function, but it just isn't there. I know it changes the brightness whenever because I can watch the screen get brighter or dimmer...
  4. Xbox One Controller disconnects when i play games (with adapter)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller disconnects when i play games (with adapter): Hi guys, as mentioned in the title, while i'm playing FIFA21 the controller disconnects. The funny thing is that if i am exploring the menu the controller works fine, as soon as i start a match it disconnects after a couple of mins or even less. I have already disabled the...
  5. Microsoft Store Games don't recognize Wireless Adapter Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Games don't recognize Wireless Adapter Controller: Since all threads regarding this topic are already closed, I have to create a new one. I'm using an Xbox 360 Controller via Wireless Adapter for Gaming. The Adapter is third-party, so after Update 1905 I believe I had to manually change the signature in order for Windows to...
  6. game controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game controllers: what microsoft games will i be able to play using my Varr usb gamepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-controllers/b462adcb-9416-468a-81f9-293ad3dfe27c
  7. USB game controller adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB game controller adapter: I have a generic adapter and here is the problem. It's a ps2 controller to USB adapter and it's a dual adapter. When I plug in 2 controllers, neither one is recognized. It only works when there is just one controller plugged in. Is there a driver that I can download to fix...
  8. game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game controller: i just installed blue stacks so i can have better gaming qualities but i cant use a gaming controller or joystick controller. why? what do i have to do or need to do to get them to work...
  9. Gaming Gets More Inclusive with the Launch of Xbox Adaptive Controller

in Windows 10 News
    Gaming Gets More Inclusive with the Launch of Xbox Adaptive Controller: [ATTACH] Without a doubt, 2018 has been a hallmark year for inclusivity in gaming. From individual platforms and games introducing more features for gamers with accessibility needs to physical hardware like the Xbox Adaptive Controller, there has never before been such a...
  10. Gaming Gets More Inclusive with the Launch of Xbox Adaptive Controler

in Windows 10 News
    Gaming Gets More Inclusive with the Launch of Xbox Adaptive Controler: [ATTACH] Without a doubt, 2018 has been a hallmark year for inclusivity in gaming. From individual platforms and games introducing more features for gamers with accessibility needs to physical hardware like the Xbox Adaptive Controller, there has never before been such a...