Windows 10: Game controller for Car race and flight simulator - total noob

Discus and support Game controller for Car race and flight simulator - total noob in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I know nothing about video games, but want my 8 year old daughter to have the option to play some flight simulator and car race games. I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HerrKaLeun, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Game controller for Car race and flight simulator - total noob

Hello,
    I know nothing about video games, but want my 8 year old daughter to have the option to play some flight simulator and car race games. I saw there are a lot of free games from microsoft etc. So that should do. I also like to play with her, so may need 2 controllers. So far I just installed some free microsoft games and tried them out to play with the keyboard, which obviously is limiting. All our PCs have W10-64.

It looks like there are quite a lot of USB game controllers. Some examples i came across is this $80 PXN Racing wheel or this $40 Gameon Racing wheel dn this, but as you know there are thousands. As i said, i have no experience with any fo that. I don't mind to spend more $, but don't want to overspend given the occasional use of cheaper games ny an 8 year old. if we play a lot, i don't mind upgrading in some years. Some questions:

• What race wheel features do occasional players really need for typical features? I realize there are several options in feedback etc. but what is really needed?
    • Can a PC game typically work with 2 race wheels?
    • What joystick features are needed for flight simulators?
    • What brands are good ones? I know Logitech has a lot of controllers, but I realize much PC hardware is produced in the same factory and then just re-labelled.

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

HerrKaLeun, Nov 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Grand Prix Legends racing car simulation

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated that the Grand Prix Legend racing car simulation has stopped working.

I would like to ask few question about your query:

• Does this issue only occur to this game?

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Run the game after performing Clean Boot.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Additional Information:
    Install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please get back to us if the issue doesn’t resolved.

Morris Subba, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Game controller for Car race and flight simulator - total noob

Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Game controller for Car race and flight simulator - total noob

1. Game controller for Car race and flight simulator - total noob - Similar Threads - Game controller Car

2. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator: I can't download Microsoft Flight Simulator I just purchased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator/0cf604f2-97f0-448a-9bfe-bae47e76a43b
  3. Flight simulator 2020 Rudder control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator 2020 Rudder control: After landing the rudder becomes useless on all aircraft, in the air its fine. What gives?? It becomes erratic and unresponsive. I have tried using several different methods to use the rudder, keyboard, yoke pedals, joy stick, all with the same issue. Has anyone else have...
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 Controls stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 Controls stop working: I've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 for a couple weeks and just recently I have come across problems. Every single flight that I take, at some point during the flight all of my controls stop working and my plane plummets into the ground. My cursor disappears and...
  5. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator: Hello, Tears ago I bought flight simulator 2004. It worked fine on windows 7 but not on windows 10l. I decided to buy a new laptop with windows 10 and try it out. Like I said before, it did not work and maybe i wore it out. I started to look for something like 2004 and come...
  6. Flight Simulator / Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator / Gaming Services: Hello all, I downloaded an update to Flight Simulator today I'm using Bootcamp from a Macbook, now the simulator doesn't open. It goes straight to the MS Store, specifically to GAMING SERVICES. It tells me to download, which I try to do. Nothing. To the left of that screen...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 flight controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 flight controls: I have the honeycomb alpha yoke but im having a hard time programing the buttons and switches. Somtimes they work, but mostly dont, even after i assign the functions manually. Anyone else have this problem?...
  8. Flight simulator 2020 controller compatibilty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flight simulator 2020 controller compatibilty: Hi there Is the a compatibility list for flight sticks for flight simulator 2020. Or can u tell me if my speed link phantom hawk is compatible. I plug it in and game doesn't recognise it. So I configure the buttons but then its like a on and off switch for everything...
  9. I received a wireless game controller and need a great car racing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a wireless game controller and need a great car racing game: Hi all - A bit of pleasure, I hope. I was given a nice Logitech wireless game controller and would like a top-notch car racing game to go with it. Problem is that a couple of them (from what I hear) won't work on build 2004 just yet, like Forza. Recommendations welcome....
  10. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator: Since the original FS program is still very popular, If anyone at Microsoft is listening, please issue an updated version of the venerable program that is fully compatible with windows 10 and has contemporary quality graphics. I know there is a steam version, but I am talking...