Windows 10: Game Controller Vibration does not work under updated Windows 10

Discus and support Game Controller Vibration does not work under updated Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi There, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a problem with their game controller vibration being knocked out by the latest Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VinnieTheG, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Game Controller Vibration does not work under updated Windows 10

Hi There,

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a problem with their game controller vibration being knocked out by the latest Windows 10 updates? I have 2 wired, Xbox 360 compatible controllers that I am using under Windows 10 and up until a few weeks ago both controllers still had vibration active in games that support it. I do not own an Xbox so I am asking this as a Windows 10 issue only. I can test the vibration on each controller and they both work fine they can vibrate with no problems through a website that tests game controllers. I have both controllers connected directly to a USB port on my Dell XPS 8900 as I thought the issue could be caused by having the controllers connected to a USB hub but they still do not work correctly.

I have uninstalled the devices through Device Manager multiple times and rebooted the system to allow Windows to reinstall the drivers and add the hardware automatically. I have removed the Device Manager entries for "XBox 360 controller for Windows" using "Uninstall Device" for both controllers. I have then removed both of the entries in Device Manager under "Human interface devices" for "HID-compliant game controller", then I have gone into Windows 10 Settings >> Devices >>Other devices>>Controller and removed both entries multiple times and rebooted the system but this has not worked. I have even done an In-Place reinstallation of Windows 10 keeping files and programs using a local copy of the Windows.iso file and this also did not fix the problem. I actually tried this two times without success.

Is there a flag in the Windows Registry I can change that might have been set to the wrong value for game controller vibration? I am a long time computer user and I am comfortable manually editing the registry if need be as well as manually configuring Services and other settings on my system. I just want it to work. Both controllers are new, less than a year old and they worked fine when I first started using each of them. At some point, I think after a recent update, they both stopped vibrating.

Both controllers work fine and I can use "Set up USB game controllers" in Windows to test each one. There is no option there to test controller vibration.

Have I overlooked something? There is almost no helpful information available online that goes beyond the simple things I have already done to get them working again. I am looking for helpful suggestions and would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks!

:)

VinnieTheG, Sep 29, 2020

2. XBOX 360 Controller (Wired USB) and Vibration support in windows 10!

I have an old Windows 10 PC (According to current standards), recently I got back into gaming and enjoys few platformer games like GRIS, Celeste, etc. They all have vibration support and I bought an XBOX360 wired controller for PC. Now there is a problem. The controller works fine except for the vibration mode.
    Some games vibration works but I have to unplug and plug the controller back in. Some games vibration doesn't work at all no matter what I do. I tried with stock windows 10 gamepad driver and then now using accessories driver from Xbox 360 official controller page. Nothing helps.
    How can I fix this? should I try this controller with a windows 8.1 or 8 PC?

nofacemonster, Sep 29, 2020
  3. While trying to play Bioshock 2 but it won't let me turn off the controller vibration in game

Hi Lauren,

As you are facing issue with Xbox controller driver settings, I suggest you to update the driver software for the controller by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Tucknut Win User

Game Controller Vibration does not work under updated Windows 10

XBOX One Controller Not Vibrating

I bought an XBOX One controller with cable for Windows from Amazon. When I plugged it in, I hear the new device recognition tone but nothing else. Supposedly, the correct driver is part of Windows 10 and nothing else was needed. But it has never vibrated with any game. I've tried updating the driver, even tried it on another pc with Windows 10 and no luck. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and a solution. Thanks.

Tucknut, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Game Controller Vibration does not work under updated Windows 10

1. Game Controller Vibration does not work under updated Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Game Controller Vibration

2. Controller Vibration stopped working on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Vibration stopped working on Win11: Hi, i play different games on my PC with Controller, i use a Series Controller and an Elite Series 2. Both are like 3 months old, vibration worked fine all the time, and last week it suddenly stopped working. Batteries are full, in Xbox Accessoires App is vibration activated,...
  3. Controller Vibration stopped working on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller Vibration stopped working on Win11: Hi, i play different games on my PC with Controller, i use a Series Controller and an Elite Series 2. Both are like 3 months old, vibration worked fine all the time, and last week it suddenly stopped working. Batteries are full, in Xbox Accessoires App is vibration activated,...
  4. xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working: xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not workingthe game pad working on all games but vibration not working on gamesbut working in Game Controler Tester app on windows 10and not switch with Xbox Accsseories apppleese help...
  5. Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level: Hello,My controller does not vibrate on Windows 10 while connected to bluetooth. I have updated drivers / calibrated with xbox accessories app.My question is the game bar shows battery level critical even with fresh batteries, would this prevent vibration in games? Currently...
  6. Game controller won't vibrate

Game controller won't vibrate: I have a myria mg7414 tigris x14 game controller with usb reciever.I managed to get it to work by using x360ce emulator,but it won't vibrate.I know it can vibrateit says on the box and i managed to make it vibrate only once with a software that i lost and can't find it.No...
  7. Vibration on Xbox one controller not working on windows 10

Vibration on Xbox one controller not working on windows 10: My xbox wireless adapter arrived and I plugged in to the USB slot on my motherboard and everything installed fine but when im in any game eg. fortnite, call of duty, or apex legends my vibration does not work. ive made sure to check all settings in the xbox accessories...
  8. controller won't vibrate

controller won't vibrate: i got a myria Gamepad wireless tigres x 14.it is plug and play and it says it does not need drivers. it can vibratei tested but no game made it vibrate and i can't see any setting for vibration at properties. can somebody help me with this problem?...
  9. XBOX 360 Controller (Wired USB) and Vibration support in windows 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    XBOX 360 Controller (Wired USB) and Vibration support in windows 10!: I have an old Windows 10 PC (According to current standards), recently I got back into gaming and enjoys few platformer games like GRIS, Celeste, etc. They all have vibration support and I bought an XBOX360 wired controller for PC. Now there is a problem. The controller works...
  10. Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all: Okay, I've tried to use my XBOX One controller multiple times on Windows 10 to no avail. Same goes for my PS4 controller (using ScpToolKit Drivers). Every time I open the game controllers settings, the window just stops responding and never responds....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scptoolkit vibration