Windows 10: Game controller won't give any input in games even though in "set up game controller " is...

Discus and support Game controller won't give any input in games even though in "set up game controller " is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title suggest i recently bought a game controller and when i try using it in a game it does not give any input in game. However when i go "set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dardedar, May 8, 2020.

1. Game controller won't give any input in games even though in "set up game controller " is...

As the title suggest i recently bought a game controller and when i try using it in a game it does not give any input in game. However when i go "set up game controller" it recognizes the controller and iy says OK at status. Morover when i click on the usb controller in this menu and go to function test it works flawlessly. I already tried with and without the drivers from the producer and also tried to disconect the controller from the devices tab. I am out of ideeas and I would be really gratefull for your assistance.
    submitted by /u/dardedar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dardedar, May 8, 2020

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, May 8, 2020
  3. Game controller ID settings

I am having trouble managing my various game controllers. After using different controllers for different games, I try to go back to playing a game using my Xbox 360 wireless controller and it refuses to connect as player 1. It will only connect as player
    2. I have no other programs or controllers plugged in or running emulating a controller, and it is the only controller listed in the game controller settings window. Is there a way to manually set the game controller ID for a controller in windows?

JoeBonnette, May 8, 2020
  4. Game controller won't give any input in games even though in "set up game controller " is...

Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Game controller won't give any input in games even though in "set up game controller " is...

1. Game controller won't give any input in games even though in "set up game controller " is... - Similar Threads - Game controller won't

2. Game Controller Settings Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Controller Settings Help: Alright I have one I cant seem to solve on my own. I have a keyboard with analog switches. To take full advantage of it, it registers an XBOX 360 controller as a device. I also have an Xbox one controller which I use when I actually want to play with a gamepad. So what is the...
  3. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controllers Input: Hi,Over the last few years, I've been having problems regarding my Flight Yoke System and other game controllers. Whenever turning my PC on, the yoke isn't centered in it's neutral position. It thinks it has right input, however there is no physical input being produced, it's...
  4. Game Controllers Input

Game Controllers Input: Hi,Over the last few years, I've been having problems regarding my Flight Yoke System and other game controllers. Whenever turning my PC on, the yoke isn't centered in it's neutral position. It thinks it has right input, however there is no physical input being produced, it's...
  5. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Gaming Controls

Gaming Controls: I've had this laptop for quite some time and ever since I first started using it, It's acted funny. When I play pc games the controls go weird in a way that fights me. For example, when I need to press W to go forward it won't let me because it wants to go backward, so I just...
  7. Game controller won't vibrate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game controller won't vibrate: I have a myria mg7414 tigris x14 game controller with usb reciever.I managed to get it to work by using x360ce emulator,but it won't vibrate.I know it can vibrateit says on the box and i managed to make it vibrate only once with a software that i lost and can't find it.No...
  8. game controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game controllers: what microsoft games will i be able to play using my Varr usb gamepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-controllers/b462adcb-9416-468a-81f9-293ad3dfe27c
  9. game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game controller: i just installed blue stacks so i can have better gaming qualities but i cant use a gaming controller or joystick controller. why? what do i have to do or need to do to get them to work...
  10. Win10 Game Controller input problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Game Controller input problem: Today after i turned on my computer i found my game controller no longer working. The computer say it is connected and recognizes the device, but no inputs are registered, at all. I have tried to uninstall and install the drivers again, i have tried different USB ports and...