Windows 10: game controller

Discus and support game controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i just installed blue stacks so i can have better gaming qualities but i cant use a gaming controller or joystick controller. why? what do i have to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BryanStrader, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

1. game controller

i just installed blue stacks so i can have better gaming qualities but i cant use a gaming controller or joystick controller. why? what do i have to do or need to do to get them to work

:)

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:53 PM
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

4. game controller

While trying to play Bioshock 2 but it won't let me turn off the controller vibration in game

Hi Lauren,

As you are facing issue with Xbox controller driver settings, I suggest you to update the driver software for the controller by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:53 PM
Thema:

game controller

1. game controller - Similar Threads - game controller

2. Want to install NYKO Airflo EX game controller in Windows 10 machine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Want to install NYKO Airflo EX game controller in Windows 10 machine.: Have the subject game controller, but its installation disk is only for Windows 2000 and XP. The NYKO site has nothing for this old controller. Before I trash it, is there an available driver for Windows 10....
  3. How do I stop game controllers from interfering with using Windows?

How do I stop game controllers from interfering with using Windows?: I have a micro PC, the GPD Win 2, that runs Windows 10. I control the mouse pointer using the built-in thumbsticks using Controller Companion. Previously, this worked great except for UWP apps, which for some reason intercept the thumbsticks and misinterpret the mouse...
  4. Unable to play game on Steam error: Parental controls have blocked the access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to play game on Steam error: Parental controls have blocked the access: I tried to access a game on Steam and was told that Windows parental controls have blocked my access. I am an adult of 70+ tears with no children presently in residence and everything I find says I need to set up a child's account to disable parental controls. What if one has...
  5. Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

Turning Game Mode off disables my controller: I'm a streamer who uses OBS. OBS devs have warned Windows 10 users to turn off game mode because it takes away too many resources from OBS, which results in low quality streams. I turned it off as advised, but noticed the my wireless Xbox 1 controller no longer works. The...
  6. Xbox one and DualShock 4 controllers lag and delay in windows 10 games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one and DualShock 4 controllers lag and delay in windows 10 games: recently I've got a problem using Xbox one and DualShock 4 controllers with delay in Windows 10. I've played for one last year without any issues. my laptop is Acer predator 17 widows is updated to the latest version and also all drivers are up to date....
  7. Pc game controller in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc game controller in windows 10 pro: I have a msi gc20 controller and it works but does not vibrate in any of my games it's windows 10 compatible and has force feedback with 2 motors what am I doing wrong I have vibration turned on in all my games but nothing happens I looked for drivers but none are available...
  8. USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys

USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  9. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

usb game controller's pressing keys in windows: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  10. Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop: Hi I have Win10 laptop and have many games on Microsoft Store like Asphalt. Can I use xbox wireless controller to play games on my laptop? Do I need more accessories with the controller like some receiver? Also can I join 2 controllers and play simultaneously?...