Windows 10: Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often

Discus and support Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was playing a game, Ark, and got a pretty common low level fatal crash d3d hung. Since then, all programs have been running drastically slower. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paschendale, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often

Was playing a game, Ark, and got a pretty common low level fatal crash d3d hung. Since then, all programs have been running drastically slower. I tried sfc scannow, and it stated there were corrupted files that it could not fix, so my next step was the dism restore health, which came back with an error as well. So I decided to cut my losses and just do a clean install of windows. Now the sfc scannow and dism have come back 100% good. Trouble is, the programs are still going into that "not responding" state, and im at a loss as to how to further troubleshoot this. I have very limited skills in this area of expertise.

Windows Version Number: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746)

:)

Paschendale, Jan 27, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Programs "Not Responding" And Crashing the programs that it claims aren't responding?

When I go to launch a game (e.g SimCity) It states that it isnt responding whilest the launcher is loading, the same happens with camtasia studio and when games have closed it states they aren't responding. Solution?

Joanne Martin, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often

Windows 10 games crashing

Thank you for keeping us updated. To continue troubleshooting your concern, we recommend that you start your computer to normal mode to disable the unnecessary apps running in the background while you are playing. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.  
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.  
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.  
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.  

Once done, run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

If the issue persists, you may perform the suggested solutions provided on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often

1. Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often - Similar Threads - Game Crashed programs

2. Often having issues with crashing in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often having issues with crashing in games.: Since building this new rig I've had nothing but issues with games crashing to desktop and I don't know what's causing it. I've swapped out multiple GPUs and tested all the ram sticks individually and all together. Stress testing never results in a crash since I've tried and...
  3. Often having issues with crashing in games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often having issues with crashing in games.: Since building this new rig I've had nothing but issues with games crashing to desktop and I don't know what's causing it. I've swapped out multiple GPUs and tested all the ram sticks individually and all together. Stress testing never results in a crash since I've tried and...
  4. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  5. Often Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  6. Games Crashing Often on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing Often on Windows 10: Hello,So recently I had some issues with Windows 10/11 crashing constantly on a faulty HDD, and just swapped over to a different drive for my OS. That resolved the issue with Windows crashing, but for some reason I am now receiving constant crashing with games on Windows 10....
  7. Games Crashing Often on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Crashing Often on Windows 10: Hello,So recently I had some issues with Windows 10/11 crashing constantly on a faulty HDD, and just swapped over to a different drive for my OS. That resolved the issue with Windows crashing, but for some reason I am now receiving constant crashing with games on Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes: This happens to me with some games or programs. While I had win 7, I could switch to task manager and close it and that's it. Ever since I upgraded to 10 every freeze makes me unable to switch or open task manager. I manually turned off my pc, which isn't the best idea for my...
  9. multiple programs crashing and often blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple programs crashing and often blue screen: Hi, I'm having problems with my HP Folio 9470m for some time. I was having blue screens but not that often, maybe once in a week. Anyways, I grew tired of it and did a clean install of Windows 10(I thought it would have solved the problems). Just to be clear I did a format of...
  10. Programs going into "not responding" mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs going into "not responding" mode: I'm running WIN 10 and lately : 1 - while running older version of OFFICE [10 I believe } and also Libre Office I suddenly see a "not responding" message - after a minute or more the program again becomes functional. 2 - also while on the internet in either Firefox or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. state of decay 2 bhidelogfilesoption www.windowsphoneinfo.com