Windows 10: Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

Discus and support Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey! So im trying to play some games and I ran into some problems. I am able to play for about 30 minutes then the game crashes. I go to my crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joseph2502, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

Hey! So im trying to play some games and I ran into some problems. I am able to play for about 30 minutes then the game crashes. I go to my crash reports and try to figure out what the problem is but I am not that familiar with the stuff on this end so if someone can help me out and tell me what the preoblem is and how to fix it, that would be great. Thanks!

I am in windows 10 pro 19041.450
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    GPU: Radeon RX 580
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 DS3H
    RAM: OLOy 2x8GB 3200MHz
    Radeon Software Version 20.8.3

Two .dmp files were created when the game crashed. Heres is the first crash report:

STACK_COMMAND: ~4s; .ecxr ; kb

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: settingsenvironment_desktop!SystemSettings::Environment::HolographicWindowVariable::Get+a78f

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: SettingsEnvironment_Desktop

IMAGE_NAME: SettingsEnvironment.Desktop.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: NULL_POINTER_READ_c0000005_SettingsEnvironment.Desktop.dll!SystemSettings::Environment::HolographicW indowVariable::Get

BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_POINTER_READ_settingsenvironment_desktop!SystemSettings::Environment::Hologra phicWindowVariable::Get+a78f

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: UM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: um:null_pointer_read_c0000005_settingsenvironment.desktop.dll!systemsettings::environment::holograph icwindowvariable::get

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {2b703fd3-db86-77cd-69b4-0a37716dca91}

Followup: MachineOwner

Here is the second:

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: atidxx64_7fff65be0000!AmdDxGsaFreeCompiledShader+3c93b

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atidxx64_7fff65be0000

IMAGE_NAME: atidxx64.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5ebef20a

STACK_COMMAND: ~153s; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_atidxx64.dll!AmdDxGsaFreeCompiledShader

BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ_atidxx64_7fff65be0000!AmdDxGsaFreeCompiledShader+3c93b

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: UM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: um:invalid_pointer_read_c0000005_atidxx64.dll!amddxgsafreecompiledshader

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {08b458dc-1323-2abb-9f1a-d0ac543a793c}

Followup: MachineOwner

:)

joseph2502, Aug 31, 2020

2. App Error - Null Pointer

Same to me i get application error,details Null pointer java/lang/Null pointer exception in my nokia c1 when i try to access my mails

Ochieng---01, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Unexpected NULL pointer encountered (Spider Solitaire)

I installed Spider Solitaire 7 for Windows 10. It has been working fine for months. Only recently while Undoing it crashed And gave me "Unexpected NULL pointer encountered" I tried completely reinstalling but the problem still persists. It appears to be random while undoing.

I downloaded them from here: Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10

Markush100, Aug 31, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to the 10forums Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read :)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 97639

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

There seem to be a lot of app crashes from Realtek audio, I would suggest a reinstallation of the drivers.
    Code:
    Code:
    21-Aug-16 3:01 AM    Application Error    Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000bdae8 Faulting process id: 0x17fc Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fb583f288932 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c3783804-5bbb-48bb-81c6-7c5a80871493 Faulting package full name:  Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thema:

Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

1. Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read - Similar Threads - Game Crashes Application

2. INetwork::SetCategory NetworkCategory.Public ; 'A null reference pointer was passed....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INetwork::SetCategory NetworkCategory.Public ; 'A null reference pointer was passed....: I'm trying to set network category using C# network.SetCategory NetworkCategory.Public ; Code adapted from Microsoft WindowsAPICodePackExample codepublic enum NetworkCategory {...
  3. System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...: Cannot open windows 10 settings.Application crashes immediately.When observing Event viewer:EventViewer->Windows Logs->Application Error event is created every time I try to start Settings either with: Win+X->SettingsWin+X->Apps and featuresWin+X -> Power optionsStart -> type...
  4. System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...: Cannot open windows 10 settings.Application crashes immediately.When observing Event viewer:EventViewer->Windows Logs->Application Error event is created every time I try to start Settings either with: Win+X->SettingsWin+X->Apps and featuresWin+X -> Power optionsStart -> type...
  5. System settings crashes. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, Faulting module...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Repeated crashes and faulting application paths

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes and faulting application paths: I started having issues with repeated BSOD and reboots two weeks ago. I have a Dell inspiron 7506 working on windows 10, went through dell support and was told it's a software issue which they won't help diagnose for free. I went through windows fresh start and reset my...
  7. Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read: Hey! So im trying to play some games and I ran into some problems. I am able to play for about 30 minutes then the game crashes. I go to my crash reports and try to figure out what the problem is but I am not that familiar with the stuff on this end so if someone can help me...
  8. Windows Crash because Udecx.sys has NULL pointer using USB dynamic endpoint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Crash because Udecx.sys has NULL pointer using USB dynamic endpoint: Hi, I'm using UDECX to emulate a Virtual USB audio device. It requires to use Dynamic type endpoint creation along with UDE class extension. Then I get a crash and Udecx.sys has a NULL pointer issue. Anyone could help? System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:09.053 Break...
  9. Unexpected NULL pointer encountered (Spider Solitaire)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected NULL pointer encountered (Spider Solitaire): I installed Spider Solitaire 7 for Windows 10. It has been working fine for months. Only recently while Undoing it crashed And gave me "Unexpected NULL pointer encountered" I tried completely reinstalling but the problem still persists. It appears to be random while undoing....
  10. Spider Solitaire - "Unexpected Null Pointer Encountered"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spider Solitaire - "Unexpected Null Pointer Encountered": I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and have successfully installed previous Windows 7 games, which seem to function without problems. However Spider Solitaire often returns message "Unexpected Null Pointer Encountered", usually on CTRL Z (to undo last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do i fix a null pointer java/lang/nullpointerexception in a solitaire game